Menu
Shrink
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM blocking Apple Support

Hi All,

Can anyone explain this (see screenshot below)? I spent 3 unsuccessful hours on the phone to VM support, 3 different departments, before being told that I would need to speak to 'Gadget Recovery' who apparently charge £5 per month for a minimum 6 month contract if they solve the problem. The odd thing is that I can connect to Apple Support via a wired connection if I put my hub into modem mode and it is not a device issue as I get the same result on computer, phone and tablet if I connect through VM Wifi. I can also connect if I hotspot my computer to my mobile phone 4G. Apple are insistent that it is an ISP issue which makes sense given the above but I really don't want to add £5 to my monthly bill to access a benign website.

Any ideas that might resolve this would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 19.01.14.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM blocking Apple Support

This really is so obvious. The site is blocking your IP address. Demonstrated when you can connect when your Hub is in modem mode. That changes your IP to one which is not blocked. Contact Apple Support and get the IP unblocked.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Shrink
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM blocking Apple Support

Thank you Howard. It wasn’t obvious to me (or to Virgin Media Support teams) but I will now get back to Apple Support to let them know.

Best regards