cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM PODS

budgie54
On our wavelength

I have 2 which have worked well.  Virgin media doing upgrade work in my area a few days ago and pods not worked since which is a nuisance as I do need them in certain areas.   Yea I’ve done everything possible I can here but still won’t connect and work as before.   Can I ask if someone from Virgin can advise please -if I can’t use them as I should I’ll be looking for £5 deduction in bill or am looking for replacements.  Be so helpful for your advice.  Thank you 

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you try a Hub reset as below first, and then see if that sorts it.

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello and thank you John.  I’ve already done as you suggested below.  I’ve been with Virgin since 2004 and am well aware of all their standard fixes.  Didn’t work.   I’ve done everything possible I can do at this end.     It’s odd that I lost my two pods working and the Connect app stopped working around the same time. As I mentioned Virgin were doing upgrade work in my area a few days back and this was when these things went wrong.   

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@budgie54 wrote:

As I mentioned Virgin were doing upgrade work in my area a few days back and this was when these things went wrong.   

Which is why I suggested the reset

The connect App is totally flaky (and I have never used it) - firmware updates always seem to confuse it.

Are the Pods "free" on your package or are you paying for them?  If the latter... then you can guess what II would recommend 😎  If the former - they are now covered by a "Wifi Guarantee" see....

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John. Unfortunately I don’t have the guarantee with the wifi and pods. That’s relatively new and costs £8. I actually pay £5 for my pods as it is. I don’t want to give them any more money for things that won’t work. I will have a think about what to do for best. Meantime I’ll keep trying to get in touch with a person but I won’t hold my breath on that.

Hey budgie54, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some connection issues with your pods.

Please can you expand on what you mean by they are not working as they did before?

What lights are on the pods?

Have you tried to reset the pods by doing this: unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on. Wait at least 2 minutes for your Pods' LEDs to stop blinking. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The pods were working fine. I noticed them flashing on and off constantly just after Virgin had carried out upgrade or whatever work they were doing last week. Until then there was no problem with them
Being a Virgin customer since 2004 I am well aware of your procedures to try when things are not working which I have done.  What you state in your message I should try has also been done.  I did mention this. The pods are just continuing to flash green and white day and night.   

My last question was what happens now since none of your fixes are working?   Do I get sent ones that will work?    If not then I need to ensure I get £5 deducted from my bill as I pay for these - so how does that come about.    

Also your Virgin Connect does not seem to recognise I have a hub here   I have hub 3.  Again this worked until a recent update when I understand it stopped working for many people.   Not much point in having an app if it doesn’t recognise your equipment. 

Good Morning @budgie54, and thanks for coming back to us.

If you have a sim card with O2, you would be able to sync this with your Virgin Media account and obtain free Wi-Fi pods to replace the faulty equipment you have - which I suspect could be the former Wi-Fi boosters.

An alternative would be to have them replaced without Volt via Wi-Fi Max for £8.00 per month - but as you advise you're not keen on giving Virgin Media more money,.

Another option is that we can simply process a return of the equipment you've used and once scanned in on our side, the £5.00 charge would be taken off your bills moving forward.

Our connection is of course compatible with 3rd party equipment that may allow the Wi-Fi range to be extended.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

budgie54
On our wavelength

Thanks for replying.  I don’t have Volt and have no wish to do so.   And you are correct I don’t want to pay extra to Virgin for anything. 
lit may have been helpful had you actually tell me how to process a return of the equipment - can’t see anywhere in your information on line how to go about this. 

Thank you. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @budgie54,

I completely understand, and I'm sorry you feel this way. If you wish to return your equipment, you can do so by filling in your details here. I am also going to drop you a private message, so we can look into potentially replacing the equipment and get things working.

Please look out for it in the purple envelope, in the top right.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ