cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM/O2 Volt Benefits

jamjanpat
Tuning in

So is this VM/O2 Volt thing just a scam?

Go to check out Volt in my VM account and all I get is

"Looking for a better deal or upgrade?

Chatting to a member of our team is usually quicker than calling, and you may be offered a better deal..."

Go to my O2 account and I get "Virgin Media isn't available at the address below, sorry. " even though I have been on VM Cable for 5 years.

It is just the same as the upgrade to the ooomph package and never ever getting supplied with WIFI Pods. 

The promises are really starting to wear thin and obviously are not meant for existing long term customers, getting totally disallusioned and seriously considering a move to somewhere else.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamjanpat 

This link from O2 community forums shows they are aware of the message "Virgin Media isn't available at the address below," and are working on a fix.

""You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

We've seen a fair few reports of this and we realise the copy isn't great and it's something we're working on and hope to improve soon to make it clearer. In the majority of cases with this we have seen that Volt has already been applied for (perhaps you done this via the My O2 app or contacted O2 or VM to apply it) and will take up to 14 days for the benefits to be applied. If after the 14 days nothing has happened, it may be worth getting in touch with our CS teams   to check."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks for your response, yes I have contacted O2 as it was them thatbtold me that VM is not available at my address but one other thing when I go to see what upgrades to virgin media are available to me even that gets a blocked message and tells me to call customer service, what is it with all this secrecy.