cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 5 Trial

stuart_mcdonald
Joining in

I am a 1GB user in Glasgow and am looking at upgrading my VM Hub 4 to VM Hub 5 and would be interested on trying this new hardware out if there is any spaces on the trial 

Looking forward to hearing from you and any details on this new hardware.

Stuart McDonald

16 REPLIES 16

@Stobbsy74 wrote:

@89537kay3 wrote:

@Stobbsy74 wrote:

@stuart_mcdonald wrote:

I am a 1GB user in Glasgow and am looking at upgrading my VM Hub 4 to VM Hub 5 and would be interested on trying this new hardware out if there is any spaces on the trial 

Stuart McDonald

Unfortunately the trial is not open to 1 gig subscribers, and you will have to wait until 2022, when the hub is phased out to everyone else.

The trial is open to 1 gig subscribers, i'm not sure where people have been getting this misinformation from..

Err its not, only way you can get 1 gig and hub 5 is to upgrade to 1 gig after getting hub 5. I literally had an invite and got told of VM not eligible as on 1 gig, at least until 2022 when its phased out for everyone.

Not going to argue with you. It is. There’s plenty of Gig1 users including myself and VM confirmed on a live chat for something unrelated that the trial is open to Gig1 customers by invite. Not sure what to tell you when I have a Hub5 for the last 3 weeks and Gig1 for the last 2 months since it was available.

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.

@89537kay3 wrote:

@Stobbsy74 wrote:

@89537kay3 wrote:

@Stobbsy74 wrote:

@stuart_mcdonald wrote:

Stuart McDonald

Unfortunately the trial is not open to 1 gig subscribers, and you will have to wait until 2022, when the hub is phased out to everyone else.

The trial is open to 1 gig subscribers, i'm not sure where people have been getting this misinformation from..

Err its not, only way you can get 1 gig and hub 5 is to upgrade to 1 gig after getting hub 5. I literally had an invite and got told of VM not eligible as on 1 gig, at least until 2022 when its phased out for everyone.

Not going to argue with you. It is. There’s plenty of Gig1 users including myself and VM confirmed on a live chat for something unrelated that the trial is open to Gig1 customers by invite. Not sure what to tell you when I have a Hub5 for the last 3 weeks and Gig1 for the last 2 months since it was available.

There will be a subtle difference though as I got the Hub 5 over a week ago and I've got the 350mb connection and I'm in a 1gb area.

I now can easily upgrade to 1gb and I haven't upgraded to the top speed yet and some people have already been told by PM from forum team members that they can't get their hands on a Hub 5 because they have the 1gb connection.

I dont think Virgin Media themselves know what they are doing. I think that the media found out about hub5 and virgin been making it up as they go along since.

@Stobbsy74 wrote:

I dont think Virgin Media themselves know what they are doing. I think that the media found out about hub5 and virgin been making it up as they go along since.

Amen to this...

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.

VMs left hand has never known what its right hand is doing..it lost that ability when they killed of Blueyonder and got rid of all the staff.. but I digress.

On a side note my Hub 5 landed today and its rather nice.  5 min install, much better wifi range and speed than the Hub 3 – Just a shame they are getting **bleep** regarding wifi network names and passwords.  And whos idea was it to remove connected devices IP’s on the home page?  Identifying and renaming wireless & Ethernet connected devices is now a right royal pain in the butt!

Rob ..
Why do people put their hub into Modem mode when connecting a 3rd party wifi router??

@Rob-Stanley wrote:

VMs left hand has never known what its right hand is doing..it lost that ability when they killed of Blueyonder and got rid of all the staff.. but I digress.

On a side note my Hub 5 landed today and its rather nice.  5 min install, much better wifi range and speed than the Hub 3 – Just a shame they are getting **bleep** regarding wifi network names and passwords.  And whos idea was it to remove connected devices IP’s on the home page?  Identifying and renaming wireless & Ethernet connected devices is now a right royal pain in the butt!

Well yeah that's true. 

Yeah i noticed the same. It's annoying. I remember years ago, they'd only let you use 2 capital letters and 2 symbols in the password like having more was a bad thing... Regards connected devices, maybe it's a security thing? Not display potentially sensitive information right on the home screen.

Hello,

Thread has been locked as it's been answered. For the moment it's still in trial and invite only. 

Thanks,

Lisa