cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 5 Router won’t connect to Hive Nano 2 Hub

AlMcD
Tuning in

Just upgraded to a VM Hub 5 router and the Hive Nano 2 Hub won’t connect to it.

Have tried all the fault guidance/recommendations on the Hive app/website to get the Hive Nano 2 Hub back online and to connect to the Hive website without success.

It seems to be a settings issue in the VM Hub 5 router, as didn’t have any problems with our old router the VM Hub 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

I could have sworn my Hive was connected over WiFi. I’d better check when I get home from work

I know it talks to the thermostat over wireless link.
So I’ll need to thonk again about your problem.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Ok great thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sephiroth 

There is a Hive Hub which connects by WiFi, called the Hive 360 if I remember correctly.

The Hive devices themselves communicate using a protocol called Zigbee.

The Hive Hub’s internet connection is simply there to provide a route to the Hive app for allowing control from there, rather than the physical thermostat.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I looked at the Hive 360 but there around £100+ and I understand Hive are scaling back some of their functionality later this year.

I have also read some horror stories about changing from one Hive Hub type to another and it seems the change over has to be carried out by Hive themselves and cannot be done by yourself via your own online Hive account.

I have tried to make contact with Hive via the phone about my issues with the Hive Nano 2 Hub but cannot get through and their LiveChat facility seems to be constantly offline.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I use a Tado thermostat and it give excellent service, no problems and just had an email from them the the battery needs changing.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi

i have exactly the same issue!. I changed from VM Hub 3 to Hub 5 and since doing so I have not been able to connect the Hive hub (Nano 2 Hub V2) to the internet therefore can no longer control the heating and hot water from the Hive thermostat. 

Called Hive tech support and they went through the power off/on etc....but to no avail. Called again today and they said its not an issue with the Hive Hub but an issue with the VM Hub 5 router. Called TS at VM and they said to try and connect the hive hub to a PC or Desktop and they would call back. But to date they have not called back!.

Hive TS did did say many Hive users have had issues with VM Hub 5 but who knows if they are telling the truth or not.

Either way I cannot access the Hive App anymore and the thermostat is showing an old date and time and is not connected.

Anyone can help would be great as i seem to be going around in circles and no one is able to help me get a hive connection!

Many thanks 

Bob

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don’t have a Hub5 so can’t investigate what can be done in the Hub5’s settings but the only thing I can comment is that the Hive Hub only has a 10 Mb Ethernet connection. Perhaps the Hub5 has control of Ethernet port speeds or a specific Ethernet port on the Hub5 is required to be used for 10Mb devices.

In the meanwhile, you should put your Hive Thermostat into Standalone Mode to operate it direct from the Thermostat.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks

after all the calls to hive and VM all it was is the Ethernet cable

i replaced with a new one and it connected straight away!

thanks anyway

I have used different Ethernet cables over the last week or so and still not working I am afraid.

Which port in the back are you using?

Number 1 port (yellow)