cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 5 Rollout

hackwoodg
Tuning in

Hi all

Does anyone know when Gig1 customers will be able to get hold of the Hub 5?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM haven't said, and based on current knowledge I'd guess late this year at the earliest.  There will certainly be a roll out strategy written out (in pencil), but that will be commercially confidential.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM haven't said, and based on current knowledge I'd guess late this year at the earliest.  There will certainly be a roll out strategy written out (in pencil), but that will be commercially confidential.  

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably during the summer when the support staff are on holiday!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Slaves don't get holidays, do they?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

But slaves do useful work!!!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

But not good quality work! 

Pyramid building may be an exception to that rule, but telephone customer service not so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

El_Defensor
Superfast

Virgin Media say "We’re ironing out some kinks around customers who have Gig1, Intelligent WiFi Pods, and home phone via hub. Once we've addressed these issues we'll start to include these customers in the rollout."

Fine, but I don't have Gig1, Intelligent WiFi Pods or home phone via hub, so those delays should not stop me getting the Hub 5 upgrade.

VM need to be honest 🤣 and lay out exactly which customers get H5 and when!

If they don't know then that asks other serious questions about the competency of the business.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My VM engineer said that VM rushed the Hub 5 out before the network was ready for it. 

@Anonymous wrote:

My VM engineer said that VM rushed the Hub 5 out before the network was ready for it. 

Yeah same with Netflix and sky 4K uhd etc etc etc