Menu
Hedgertiger
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM Hub 3.0 and Netgear Router

I got a new Hub 3.0 and have been having wifi problems since. On the old router i had a netgear wifi router connected to give me imrpoved wifi coverage in another part of the house. The virgin router was not in modem mode - we just had a virgin wifi signal in one part of the house amd a netgear wifi signal in the other part. When i got the new hub 3.0 i just plugged all the same cables in the back. This seems to be causing problems. When i connect my laptop to the hub 3.0 it doesn't even connect to internet. When i remove the netgear cable the laptop then works. Is the netgear connection messing up the hub 3.0 settings  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Hub 3.0 and Netgear Router

Hi Hedgertiger,

You'll need to disable DHCP on the Netgear router that you're using as an access point. You'll also need to set up the Netgear router with the same wireless SSID and password as is broadcast by your Hub.

Take a look here for step-by-step information.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jackdenial
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I am facing some issue with my router when I am trying to configure R8000 with virgin media hub 3.0. Even I placed the virgin media hub in the modem mode, and connected to R8000, but no internet connection error message is generating. Please help me. I didn’t resolve the LAN connectivity issue on my router by own then I got the solution from this site [removed]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
emmasmith
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have recently purchased a Cisco router and cannot use it with my Virgin Media Hub 3 in modem mode. It's working as an extender with the VM Hub in router mode, but that defeats the object of buying the x6. I was some issue with the same router, then I visited https://www.routertechnicalsupportnumbers.com/cisco-router-support/ 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is a set sequence you must follow to get into modem mode.

Turn off everything, turn on your router and configure it to use DHCP on its WAN port, turn it off  

When the VM hub is in modem mode and turned off, make sure your own router is power up and fully initialised.

Last thing to do is turn of VM hub.

That is it. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
emmasmith
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm having an ongoing problem with my superhub 2 VMDG485. Our speed is absolutely rubbish even though we have 100mb Broadband, the wifi drops out randomly and I have to keep restarting the superhub before it will connect again. This is happening on iPads, we don't use androids. We have only apple products and we recommend visiting https://www.applemacsupportnumbers.com/apple-customer-support/
for any kind of help.

0 Kudos