cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 3.0 Flashing Green WiFi light

adrian109
Tuning in

Hi,

My VM Hub 3.0 has a constant flashing green WiFi light - can't find out why it is flashing?

The internet and all wired and wireless connections to the Hub are working.

Have logged into the Hub web interface and it doesn't mention any issues with the WiFi or give any reason why the WiFi light on the front of the Hub 3.0 is constantly flashing green.

For normal operation all the lights should remain off except for the white light at the bottom which should stay solid.

Have found nothing online as yet that describes the light combination I am getting.

Has anyone had this issue?

32 REPLIES 32

Unfortunately this has been going on for a couple of weeks, yesterday I did the 'hold the WPS button' trick and the flashing wifi symbol stopped, today it's started again!

Can't understand why Virgin have nothing to say when the problem has been known about for so long?

Gazza56
Joining in

I have this problem. I have a terrible time with Virgin who say there is nothing wrong!!!!!. When they do an auto system check on phone the Hub reboots so there must be a problem. They sent an engineer who replaced the Hub telling me it was a fault with the hub. The new hub is still flashing !!!, still virgin say there is nothing wrong. 

Comes to something when they don't know there own product.

On the basis of 'How often do I use it anyway?' I have turned off the WPS function and that has removed the flashing light. Not the answer I was hoping for and Virgin really should put more effort into solving the problem but at least the annoying flashing light has now gone.

Details of how to access the settings page are on a sticker on the bottom of the your Hub3

Dingledoodie
On our wavelength

My Hub 3 just started doing this today.  It doesn't seem to be causing any problems but it's always worrying when something occurs out-of-the-blue like this. I don't know what a WPS button is but I'll have a look later when I get back home and see if it fixes things.

Same issue! Started flashing two days ago! Just tried WPS button and about 2 mins later it stopped! Will see if it stays off

toenee
Tuning in

Mine started flashing the day I got Sky Q with extra room boxes. He told me that the boxes communicate through WiFi to the main box, which is why it constantly flashes. 

Not it sure if this helps you or anybody, just saying what I was told. 

Thanks

My Hub 3.0 started doing this a few days ago. I've tried turning off and on again but it continues. I've also tried the WPS button fix but although it goes off it comes back on again after a short while. Router diagnostics show a red triangle next to WiFi but it all seems to be working fine. Hub status overview shows Internet online but next to Wireless it says "On (2.4 and 5 GHz), WPS in progress)".

So again it looks as if it has something to do with the WPS but why has it suddenly started to do this. All Ethernet and WiFi connections are working as normal. Router info shows: 

Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.116.608

Is that the latest firmware version? Driving me nuts!

This thread has been going since last June, Virgin obviously has no interest or answers.

The only thing that stopped the problem from recurring every couple of days was to turn off the WPS function.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

WPS should never be left on.  It's only there as a quick and convenient way to pair up WiFi devices, and this can be done anyway without WPS.

My advice would be to turn WPS off unless you can't do without it. It's also a known security risk.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have the same issue, I do the usual power cycle and it seems to go away for a week or two, but at least it’s comforting to know that this is a bug that doesn’t affect the operation of the Hub3