cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 3.0 Flashing Green WiFi light

adrian109
Tuning in

Hi,

My VM Hub 3.0 has a constant flashing green WiFi light - can't find out why it is flashing?

The internet and all wired and wireless connections to the Hub are working.

Have logged into the Hub web interface and it doesn't mention any issues with the WiFi or give any reason why the WiFi light on the front of the Hub 3.0 is constantly flashing green.

For normal operation all the lights should remain off except for the white light at the bottom which should stay solid.

Have found nothing online as yet that describes the light combination I am getting.

Has anyone had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s a know problem with some Hub3s. Some people have “fixed” it by holding down the WPS button for 30 seconds, but it does not always work. Other option is some black tape.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s a know problem with some Hub3s. Some people have “fixed” it by holding down the WPS button for 30 seconds, but it does not always work. Other option is some black tape.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Just tried your suggestion of pressing the WPS button for 30 secs and the light has now gone out.

Thanks for your help!

LizW1
On our wavelength

Exactly the same started on mine last night... tried disabling the WPs and rebooting, still flashing...here it goes with the black tape ! Looking back over posts, this has been an issue for some time now . Isn’t it time for a fix ?? Ok the internet still works, but it’s irritating seeing it out the corner of my eye, it’s a constant reminder that Virgin have known issues, but fail to tackle them

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may be fixed in the latest update, but I have not seen this mentioned anywhere. 

Tudor

EL9916
Dialled in

Just had this issue myself, I noticed it flashing this morning but was still able to connect, thought it strange, came home about an hour ago to find it still flashing, held down the WPS button for only 10 seconds and it stopped shortly after. 

LizW1
On our wavelength

Hi, I tried all the suggestions on here but none worked.. Strangely one day it stopped all by itself, so I assumed it was a fix that had been deployed 🤔... Thanks tho

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LizW1,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. 
If you have any further issues you know where to find us. 
In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.
Take care,
Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

dollyx
Tuning in

Same problem for me!

Restarting the hub or holding the wps buttton for a while both provide temporary fixes but the problem soon returns. Why can't Virgin find a proper permanent fix that's better than black tape?

LizW1
On our wavelength

Hi Dolly, I didn't do anything to resolve the flashing light on my hub.... I didn't contact Virgin either... I just woke up one day and it had stoppedas suddenly as it started? Hopefully the same will happen for you 🙏