cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect app & WiFi Pods

Ojmophine
Joining in

Hello.. the VM Connect app shows that the 1st floor bedroom that's the in the furthest point in the house away from the hub downstairs has "great" signal. It really doesn't. It is slow and it keeps dropping out. Teenage daughter going nuts and giving me a headache. Without this app acknowledging an issue, can I still obtain the free WiFi Pods I was told I could get, upon beginning new contract last week and being told over the phone by VM that I could get (but only if this app says they're needed!)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
When the App is working it will give a reasonably good measure of the wifi strength. If its saying its good but user experience says differently - then there may be something else going on.

How is she connecting on wifi - that is - what device(s) are experiencing the issues? Have you tested and run speed tests on a laptop/computer in her room?

What Hub model is it and what package are you on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.