cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect APP

caseyg6471
Joining in

A little help please.

I inadvertently changed my SSID names to reflect 2G and 5G so both SSID names appeared when connecting devices.  I then decided to reset it back to one combined SSID.

the VM Connect App however is still picking up the SSID_2G name and therefore will not connect to the WiFi and therefore I cannot use the app.

there is an option to edit the WiFi name in the VM Connect App but the save button is disabled….anyone had similar issues?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi caseyg6471,

Thanks for posting your query and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the Connect app issues, can I ask firstly are any devices unable to connect to the Wi-Fi?

Secondly you can also edit the Wi-Fi name via the 192.168.0.1 settings link if devices are connected.

Let us know further,

Kain

Hi Kain

So initially my Ring Doorbell and Prime HD aquarium light were intermittently switching off/on and I read they were best on a 2G WiFi connection.

I logged into the WiFi hub (192.168…..) and renamed the SSID_2G and SSID_5G so to split them and reinstall the devices to the right setting.

This then created different issues with other devices so I logged back into the WiFi hub and restored the SSIDs to the same (removed the 2G / 5G) tags.

I received a wifi pod from VM which I have plugged in but when connecting to the VM Connect App the WiFi SSID is showing the 2G tag so it’s not aligned with the WiFi hub name.

There is an option in the VM Connect App to edit the SSID name but when I try the SAVE button is greyed out so looks like an administrator can only edit this name.

I just need someone from VM to edit the VM Connect SSID name to align with the WiFi hub SSID

thanks

Hi caseyg6471,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you are unable to complete a set up within your Connect app, this isn't something we can do our end.

Regards

Paul.