cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Care site shows there are issues in my postcode, but no date shown for fix.

varimathras
On our wavelength

Hi, for the past 3-4 days, multiple times a day, my internet keeps dropping out for a 5-15 minutes at a time. The VM Care site shows there is a problem in my area, but shows no fix date. My Area reference is 03. 

Could someone from VM find out a fix date for this problem? It's greatly affecting my ability to work from home.

I've run the "Test your Hub" check on the VM Care site. I get a message saying,

>Looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services

>There's a broadband issue in your area and our engineers are on the case to fix things. Check back here at any time for updates.

But there's no date shown after it.

The behaviour is the same as my SNR issues from November. But at least this time the test is showing the issue already. Just no date!

Also why does the postcode service checker show no problems, but when I do the 'test your hub' step it says there are issues in my area? The mixed messaging is confusing.

(Sorry for no screenshots and links; I've tried posting this thread multiple times but it keeps getting removed.)

------------------

My Broadband Ping - My VM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does the automated status line say? 0800 5610061 is often the most reliable way of checking for postcode-level faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

varimathras
On our wavelength

Let me see if I can show some screenshots in a reply.  This is what the VM Care site shows after I test my hub.

------------------

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does the automated status line say? 0800 5610061 is often the most reliable way of checking for postcode-level faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @japitts that was useful thanks! The automated line did say there was a problem in my area, and the message was something like "As this is a complex issue, it is taking us a little longer than usual."

So in a way it's equivalent to the message I see on the VM Care site.  No specific date but it does indicate that (hopefully) someone's working on it.  It's a bit concerning that there's no date though, but I guess nothing I can do except wait.

------------------

Residential services have no SLA’s for faults/outages and their associated repairs. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi varimathras thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry to hear of the issues impacting your services. I can see that my colleague Steven has provided you with an update on another thread.  I have had another check and the estimated fix time has been brought forward to today at 6:00pm.  However, I do need to reiterate that the key word is 'estimated' sorry.

Regards

Lee_R

varimathras
On our wavelength

No problem thanks for looking at the thread, it's still useful to me. 

I've been running a broadband quality monitor since January 1.  The past 2 days (today included) have been very good.  No problems, and I have been able to work.  So something must have been fixed or at least the situation is getting better.  Thanks. 

------------------

Hi there @varimathras

Thank you so much for your post and I'm so glad to see things are looking better! 

Can I ask how things have been since your last post? 

Thank you.

Hello there, since I last posted, I've had 2 good days, I did have about 3 outages on Jan 6th, and today (Jan 7th) has been good. 

Let's see if I can paste a screenshot for Jan 6:

varimathras_0-1641572959468.png

Today has been fine so far 🙂

c17c2a11d40e2ca0fa9806369620e337ffd9ea86

------------------