Menu
jason378
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VM Cable Plans

Hi all,

I have read a large number of posts in relation to the subject of street cabling and the expansion of networks, and most of these seem to indicate that if you dont have VM then chances are, you never will.

I know this is going to b a long shot but would really like to get some answers as talking to call centres is less than fruitful.

I have been a loyal customer since 2007 and have enjoyed the services provided, due to work I am having to move and it seems that the new address is not cabled, well I say that, actually I was informed that only 2 houses on the whole of the street are cabled. to me this seems crazy.

I know there is virgin on the estate and no more than 600meters away from my property.

Could anyone tell me if cable is actually laid and just needs connecting or if there is the slimiest of hope that it will be extended.

I am seriously not looking forward in having to give up my services to go to Sky or BT.

Cheers..

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Cable Plans

Hi jason378,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see what's going on with your area although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jason378
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath, I have just sent you the requested details.

Just as a matter of interest, is this planned rollout and in-filling documented anywhere as I think this would be useful for people to see.

Cheers, Jason.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jason Smiley Happy 

I have sent an email over to the team now to see what's going on. As soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The Area Manager has come back to me to say: Half of this estate has always had service and the other half has never had the infrastructure fitted. 30 & 32 have managed to get our services as there back garden backs onto Chiltern Gardens which is part of the half of the estate that has service meaning that we can feed it from the back. Unfortunately these are the only 2 house that can do this. I heard last year that we was going to infill the rest of this estate as part of our lightning project but so far this hasn’t happened.

I have forwarded this over to the Nex Build teams to see if you are in the plans Smiley Happy

As soon as I get a reply I will let you know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jason378
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I really do appreciate what you are doing for me.

I have been a very loyal customer of Virgin and do really want to keep my services with you.

I look forward to hearing from you and the Nex Build Team. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Jason.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's my pleasure Jason Smiley Happy

Hopefully we will have some news on this soon. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason, 

The team have come back to me today to advise that unfortunately there are no plans to cable the rest of the estate. 

I know this wasn't the news you were hoping for however this may change in the future. 

Check back in with us in 2020.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jason378
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thank you for coming back to me.

It is very disappointing news especially now that I am going to have to disconnect at of no fault of my own and loose all services and email which I have had in place for over 10yrs.

It does strike me as very strange why Virgin would only do half a job when cabling a street, as surely it was in your interests to do all and not just the odd one or two. And to now be told to wait another 2yrs to then see IF it might get on the list is very poor from a currently existing and loyal customer of virgins.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@jason378 wrote:

Hi Kath,

Thank you for coming back to me.

It is very disappointing news especially now that I am going to have to disconnect at of no fault of my own and loose all services and email which I have had in place for over 10yrs.

It does strike me as very strange why Virgin would only do half a job when cabling a street, as surely it was in your interests to do all and not just the odd one or two. And to now be told to wait another 2yrs to then see IF it might get on the list is very poor from a currently existing and loyal customer of virgins.

The main reason this happens is usually spiralling costs. VM have a budget for expansion, but as builds go on unforseen issues can curtail a build. There are several areas where there is empty ducting that has been abandoned. There were also several of the original cable companies that went bust due to costs of build spiralling out of control.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos