cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Good afternoon all.

I want to bring to the attention of Virgin Media ASAP that there is an issue with the core network configuration.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the Thinkbroadband forum that the "BGP is incorrectly configured and rather than going via Liberty Global /Aorta some traffic is going via LINX direct to VMO2" 

This poses an issue since there is a lack of capacity through this routing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

This is causing issues with the core network within the last few days.

Please refer to the article attached.

MY BMQ's for reference

LIVE BMQ 

8/04/2022 

09/04/2022 

10/04/2022 

11/04/2022 

12/04/2022 

Kind Regards

RR_THE_IT_GUY

569 REPLIES 569

All working as normal this side as well, although this is my last day with Virgin before it gets deactivated and will then be using my BT full time after today 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-11 090907.jpg

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/214232acb90626f620da1fee51361221f009b19b-11-05-2022

Mine is at it again! Awful customer service 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/214232acb90626f620da1fee51361221f009b19b-11-05-2022

Still here, awful service

Any chance people could add their area code or first part of the postcode to the posts with graphs so we can pinpoint if it's a local issue or larger area?

We're all fine here in RH2:
072e59bac206e64afcd293b70aaa0eb27c857936-11-05-2022

Major packet loss all morning, unable to work from home. WN2 Area

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need to start your own fresh thread on your BQM.  This is NOT the nationwide fault you are seeing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jaxxchris
On our wavelength

@hammic

my non bqm graphs are from ntopng running on pfsense directly connected to the hub3 in modem mode. 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

So the 8pm to 10pm was sort of fixed but now I'm getting spikes all throughout the day now with website been slow and packet loss, all you get is "all within spec" load of waffle sort it out since I've only just closed the complaint down last night to now facing this complete farce 

If it's still happening next week consider another company, this time please don't wait for 30 days just me a deadlock and I'll refer them to these posts

6402698c7889214aaba83fdac7138f1ed53092ea (1).png

Yours would appear to be a separate more isolated issue. You'd be best starting a new thread to get support.

This thread is now locked. If you want to continue a discussion, please either take it to Private Messages or discuss in our Chatter forum. If you have an issue which you want attention for, then please create your own individual thread providing as much detail as possible, and someone will assist you. Please also note that further off-topic posting may result in individual warnings, review the Forum Guidelines for more information.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules