cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Good afternoon all.

I want to bring to the attention of Virgin Media ASAP that there is an issue with the core network configuration.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the Thinkbroadband forum that the "BGP is incorrectly configured and rather than going via Liberty Global /Aorta some traffic is going via LINX direct to VMO2" 

This poses an issue since there is a lack of capacity through this routing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

This is causing issues with the core network within the last few days.

Please refer to the article attached.

MY BMQ's for reference

LIVE BMQ 

8/04/2022 

09/04/2022 

10/04/2022 

11/04/2022 

12/04/2022 

Kind Regards

RR_THE_IT_GUY

569 REPLIES 569

@AngryJackedJoe wrote:

They are absolutely useless mate.

Not listening not fixing not responding and essentially not caring 

They care enough to delete certain types of posts.... 😉

Based on previous experience, I wouldn't expect this to be fixed until July, we just need to harang them daily until they do do something.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I do show the same as everybody else between 8pm - 10pm.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin New

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beware, just as an FYI this is the typical response from the complaint I have open about this issue. 

Well... As you can imagine i am not impressed with the response and i doubt you all will be either. Also, wireless... If your serious about gaming and low latency and pings u dont do wireless. I have told them time after time i am wired.

Broadband > Faults > Connection Problems 

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
I understand that your concern is with regards to the fault you are experiencing with your broadband service. I have checked your account and there is no area faults or issues with your account that could be causing it. The broadband speed you receive can be affected by a number of things, meaning they can differ from the advertised speed of the broadband tier you are on. This includes your home environment, the number of people using a connection, device limitations and use of a wireless connection. At peak times, high usage due to things like major sporting events can cause network congestion, temporarily slowing down the speed you receive. You may head over to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-slow-wifi-connection and follow the basic troubleshooting steps that may help in fixing the issue. I regret the inconvenience caused to you and it would be my honor to help you with it, but I would be unable to do so over the email. Therefore, I would request you to get in touch with our Customer service team who would be able to help you out with your queries. As per our policies we need a verbal confirmation regarding the disconnection of the services also you must serve a 30 days notice period to disconnect the services. For further information visit our website Cancel service - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accounts-and-billing/broadband-tv-phone/make-a-change/cancel

@AngryJackedJoe wrote:

Beware, just as an FYI this is the typical response from the complaint I have open about this issue. 

Well... As you can imagine i am not impressed with the response and i doubt you all will be either. Also, wireless... If your serious about gaming and low latency and pings u dont do wireless. I have told them time after time i am wired.

Broadband > Faults > Connection Problems 

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
I understand that your concern is with regards to the fault you are experiencing with your broadband service. I have checked your account and there is no area faults or issues with your account that could be causing it. The broadband speed you receive can be affected by a number of things, meaning they can differ from the advertised speed of the broadband tier you are on. This includes your home environment, the number of people using a connection, device limitations and use of a wireless connection. At peak times, high usage due to things like major sporting events can cause network congestion, temporarily slowing down the speed you receive. You may head over to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-slow-wifi-connection and follow the basic troubleshooting steps that may help in fixing the issue. I regret the inconvenience caused to you and it would be my honor to help you with it, but I would be unable to do so over the email. Therefore, I would request you to get in touch with our Customer service team who would be able to help you out with your queries. As per our policies we need a verbal confirmation regarding the disconnection of the services also you must serve a 30 days notice period to disconnect the services. For further information visit our website Cancel service - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accounts-and-billing/broadband-tv-phone/make-a-change/cancel

I got a similar reply

My Broadband Ping - test

10 years of disappointment ^

I am honestly lost, no idea how, what to do. I keep @ofcom on tweets. The ISP is useless.

Made a tweet about the issue again last night, here was the response - have you used service checker. FML

https://twitter.com/cloudyoshimoto/status/1522091535659118592?t=gLxuo_yaSNz4JiFakFhY6Q&s=19

SmartSelect_20220505-083519_Twitter.jpg

Standard copy/paste from the intern.

I was supposed to have an engineer visit this morning to "fix" the issue, he text really early to say he'd be here at eight, so I text back and said I won't be here until after half nine due to work, it should be noted on your job sheet to not come till after half nine, he said it wasn't, was quiet nice about it and said he'd come later, unfortunately circumstances beyond my control meant I've had to cancel the job just after, so I text him back to tell him, I also off the cuff said I thought that he'd spend most of the day chasing his tail anyway because there was nothing wrong with my equipment (LOL), he asked what the issue was and I said "the high latency and packet loss being reported nationwide every Monday to Thursday between 8pm and 10pm".

Thhe nice and chatty engineer then went radio silence, if I was a paranoid individual I might start to think they've all been told there is an issue, treat the customer like a mushroom, and not to talk about it to those that bing the subject up.

But Virgin wouldn't openly deny there's a problem with their network when there clearly is.... would they....?  It's not like they haven't got form for pulling these stunts, is it...............? ????? ???? 😉

Might have someone from Virgin looking at this forum as have finally had a positive response. 

https://twitter.com/virginmedia/status/1522134761342439426?t=IYrQARH-orMo0fpO9XEziA&s=19

Hoping it makes its way to the Virgin network team and we get a response, acknowledgement and expected fix time. 

@AngryJackedJoe wrote:

I just want to leave Virgin but have 12 months left. I hate them so much now.

Most ISP's will buy your remaining contract out now mate. A friend of mine seen my BQM yesterday so he rang BT to see if Full Fibre was available at his house yet and it was, the girl on BT side asked if he was still in contract to which he replied "yes, I was just enquiring" and they offered to pay up to £300 to buy out the remainder of his contact to come with BT, so he's ordered it and job done, just awaiting the install now.

The same happened to my sister when going to Virgin from Sky, they are all at it now mate, just food for thought, you guys may not be tied to a contract as much as you think. For the ones that only have Virgin as a choice as they're their only provider in the area then that's a whole other story but the rest you have some leeway 🙂

On another note it was great for me last night now that I'm with BT, I'm not trying to rub it in but the difference is night and day. So stable, no large ping and uploading my data was a breeze and faster too because of double the upload speed. Well pleased I made the move so far, the BT engineers had a bit of messing around getting the cable into the house from the pole outside but managed to get the ONT right beside my networking gear in my living room which was a real bonus, the BT Smart hub 2 wasn't even taken out of the box as I just connected my own Asus router into the ONT and set it up in a few minutes. Had a bit of tweaking to do with the MTU settings and 3 mins later had maximum speed and all was sorted. This was a breath of fresh air to say the least 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-05 103702.jpg

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

hammic
Up to speed

Is there an alternative to thinkbroadband for BBQM graphs? If we can show Virgin Media that it's not just TBB BBQM graphs that show the same fault, then they will simply have to admit defeat.

moonies
Dialled in

Back to square one. Makes me sick

AC97D5C4-1771-40EE-98D8-EA26F7C5C540.jpeg