cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Good afternoon all.

I want to bring to the attention of Virgin Media ASAP that there is an issue with the core network configuration.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the Thinkbroadband forum that the "BGP is incorrectly configured and rather than going via Liberty Global /Aorta some traffic is going via LINX direct to VMO2" 

This poses an issue since there is a lack of capacity through this routing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

This is causing issues with the core network within the last few days.

Please refer to the article attached.

MY BMQ's for reference

LIVE BMQ 

8/04/2022 

09/04/2022 

10/04/2022 

11/04/2022 

12/04/2022 

Kind Regards

RR_THE_IT_GUY

569 REPLIES 569

Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 15-11-36 My Profile thinkbroadband.png

imawookie
Joining in

Trying to play COD right now

imawookie_0-1651673723502.png

imawookie_1-1651673723556.png

It's horrific.

Hi,

Have you started your own thread if not, I would suggest you do as this looks like an isolated issue as there are no issues at this moment in time affecting all customers, looks localised to yourself / street / area etc.

Yeah snap, mine is fine atm but 8pm will be another story. 

Just booked an engineer for saturday, lets see if they find something 

The I'm now officially a BT Full Fibre 900 customer. The BQM shows last nights usual suspect and the red block at the end is me switching off the Virgin hub and waiting on BT Fibre being activated. You can see the tail end of the graph were I now have 12ms faster latency.

Download and upload speed not too bad at all, but hey, at least now it will be stable....hopefully 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-04 161940.jpg

BQM so far

Screenshot 2022-05-04 162350.jpg

Just so you know, I will still be fighting your corner guys, because what Virgin are doing is simply not right.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Jeez thats a nice graph with BT compared to Virgin Poop. 

Will move as soon as i can (some 12 months), unless can get out this contract because Virgin arent doing anything to acknowledge or fix. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are all green with envy. 

@Anonymous wrote:

We are all green with envy. 

I'm just one of the lucky ones mate, my contract ran out at the same time BT Full Fibre became available at my home. Virgin was always a temporary thing for me but it had served me well and was actually thinking of staying as I'd got a good offer and service was doing fine, well until lately that is, this has just put me right off and they soured the milk so to speak. I don't mind paying a premium for a quality service and I have others depending on my network so it was a no brainer for me to swap over.

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

@jonnymc4 wrote:

Did everyone get packet loss around 12:15 this afternoon? The 3 BQM graphs I've seen, which are mine, @wackydude1234 and @risc19 all appear to have. Or is it just pure coincidence?

jonnymc4_0-1651673149105.png

Appreciate everyone's persistence with VM on this. I play mostly CoD Vanguard and only at peak times. It has been pretty dreadful for the last few weeks, though some times it's perfectly playable. It's probably a combination of VM and the CoD servers, I know there have been some problems since release.

Yes had packet loss around the same time today too, although I wasn't doing anything online so didn't notice it.

packetlossduringday.png