cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Good afternoon all.

I want to bring to the attention of Virgin Media ASAP that there is an issue with the core network configuration.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the Thinkbroadband forum that the "BGP is incorrectly configured and rather than going via Liberty Global /Aorta some traffic is going via LINX direct to VMO2" 

This poses an issue since there is a lack of capacity through this routing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

This is causing issues with the core network within the last few days.

Please refer to the article attached.

MY BMQ's for reference

LIVE BMQ 

8/04/2022 

09/04/2022 

10/04/2022 

11/04/2022 

12/04/2022 

Kind Regards

RR_THE_IT_GUY

569 REPLIES 569

So far it's better, but there's been a few days where it's been ok, so not holding my breath just yet.

My Broadband Ping - test

10 years of disappointment ^

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @IanSR 

No, there would have been plenty of reports by now if it was the same BQM showing for everyone.

Staff member Carly_S has asked you to update one of your other threads with your BQM - it would also help to include your router (plug the PC directly into the VM hub) stats there.

/Speed/Paying-for-M200-but-speeds-no-faster-than-previous-M100 

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste (NOT pictures) 3 FULL sets of data  – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

EDIT I've merged your two other threads into one to help forum staff, also see post 21 from VM Staff David_BN in the merged thread suggesting he will be able to look into you getting a replacement hub.

I've already done what you asked and they confirmed there was nothing wrong with the system, but I'll do it again in that thread along with live view thanks.

I posted here because it was similar to the 8pm hump, but admittedly I was stretching the connection to it's limit during that time uploading and streaming from YT, I just wasn't sure if it was that that caused it, or the recurrence of the issue many others have.

I'm running both BT Full Fibre 900 and Virgin 1GB package at the same time and have to say Virgin's BQM is looking a lot more normal now, although I definitely still prefer BT hands down for lower latency and no ping spikes.

The Virgin will be deactivated in a few days but just thought I run them both at the same time for comparison.

Screenshot 2022-05-08 113556.jpg

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Anonymous
Not applicable

The BT one looks like a putting green at St Andrew's. Immaculate. 

@Anonymous wrote:

The BT one looks like a putting green at St Andrew's. Immaculate. 

😂yeah mate, it's quite attractive lol

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup

demmers
Tuning in

Anyone else getting this? 8th May Sunday, near Bournemouth. Based on lack of reports, this could be isolated, but I have had the earlier national issue.

Run VM hub in modem mode, and in each of those red areas, the hub would blink green.

My Broadband Ping - Home

@demmers wrote:

Anyone else getting this? 8th May Sunday, near Bournemouth. Based on lack of reports, this could be isolated, but I have had the earlier national issue.

Run VM hub in modem mode, and in each of those red areas, the hub would blink green.

My Broadband Ping - Home

Flashing green would suggest a local network connection issue. Best off giving them a call.

Thanks, I did wonder that, just wanted to make sure. All good for now. 

Looks like it's been fixed, no issues since last Wednesday here.

I know right, let's assume its fixed, (but also just keep an eye out incase it goes again).