cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Good afternoon all.

I want to bring to the attention of Virgin Media ASAP that there is an issue with the core network configuration.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the Thinkbroadband forum that the "BGP is incorrectly configured and rather than going via Liberty Global /Aorta some traffic is going via LINX direct to VMO2" 

This poses an issue since there is a lack of capacity through this routing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

This is causing issues with the core network within the last few days.

Please refer to the article attached.

MY BMQ's for reference

LIVE BMQ 

8/04/2022 

09/04/2022 

10/04/2022 

11/04/2022 

12/04/2022 

Kind Regards

RR_THE_IT_GUY

569 REPLIES 569

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Everyone keep holding your breath!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks okay so far tonight here strangely enough. 

Yes, its for an 18 month contract, but not like that will prevent me from leaving when i please. i was in an 18 month contract before and could still leave because BT offered to pay my early termination fee.

@darmo wrote:
Yes, its for an 18 month contract, but not like that will prevent me from leaving when i please. i was in an 18 month contract before and could still leave because BT offered to pay my early termination fee.

Now are you absolutely sure about that, can you point to a published commitment - if so then fine, you will be OK, otherwise was it just a 'promise' from a salesperson, because, well. they are salepersons who are, shall we say, incentivised, to promise anything to get a sale, and of course when and if it all goes 'Pete Tong', it's not their problem.

Just saying.......

@darmo wrote:

It just an offer at this present time rather than an option and offers change all the time👍

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Surprised what actually happened, no hub replacement which I expected but the engineer fully acknowledged they are having network issues, he did sort out a "slightly loose connection" in the green box since its literally on the side of the house.

It clearly showed ALL downstream to my router was red and basically messed up which he also sorted and said all should be fine now... still skeptical but tonight seems ok, not sure if that was the visit or just a lucky night though. Time will tell I guess.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin media "350mbps"

@darmo wrote:

I don't know how many times I've heard of people who got a really attractive offer, said that they'd think about it only to find it was gone as soon as the next day.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Nice to see our fibre network looking like that 🙂 

yeh true fair point

No issues tonight.

Virgin, can you update us with what you changed? Is this a permanent fix or are we expecting this to return to us customers over the weekend period?

My Broadband Ping - 1 Gig Virgin Modem Mode