cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Good afternoon all.

I want to bring to the attention of Virgin Media ASAP that there is an issue with the core network configuration.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the Thinkbroadband forum that the "BGP is incorrectly configured and rather than going via Liberty Global /Aorta some traffic is going via LINX direct to VMO2" 

This poses an issue since there is a lack of capacity through this routing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

This is causing issues with the core network within the last few days.

Please refer to the article attached.

MY BMQ's for reference

LIVE BMQ 

8/04/2022 

09/04/2022 

10/04/2022 

11/04/2022 

12/04/2022 

Kind Regards

RR_THE_IT_GUY

569 REPLIES 569

imawookie
Joining in

I have now raised a complaint to VM.

I'm pretty relaxed about the entire thing as in 8+ years of being with them this is the first time I've ever had an issue like this.

Been with them since 2018, October 13th to be exact. The first year on the M50 was eventless, then problems started, ever since its problem for a few months, then fixed, then it starts again.

I'm quite disappointed.

I feel like the only option left is openreach FTTP or the altnet that is pulling fibre down my street as we speak this very second.

The altnet is Netomnia - in partnership with YouFibre

RRITGUY_0-1651671216117.png

It's not only an incentive because its cheap, as you can see, but because I suspect the service will be more reliable.

Ah I see my email to Andrew at think BB with all the evidence has done the trick.. 

Lets hope VM take notice and Fix the issue for good.. 

@RR-IT-GUY wrote:

Been with them since 2018, October 13th to be exact. The first year on the M50 was eventless, then problems started, ever since its problem for a few months, then fixed, then it starts again.

I'm quite disappointed.

I feel like the only option left is openreach FTTP or the altnet that is pulling fibre down my street as we speak this very second.

It's not only an incentive because its cheap, as you can see, but because I suspect the service will be more reliable.

I remember being told by virgin on the phone once that

"...virgin costs more as it's a premium service."

I'll just leave you with that.

🙂

To think i've been with virgin since before they were virgin and before they were ntl through my parents 

My Broadband Ping - test

10 years of disappointment ^

Has there been any word on fixing this issue? Its causing me to have lag spikes during work hours and when I try to relax when gaming..

f68d01995f6dfc458a57fdb0a95f6a9b0b9c347f

jonnymc4
On our wavelength

Did everyone get packet loss around 12:15 this afternoon? The 3 BQM graphs I've seen, which are mine, @wackydude1234 and @risc19 all appear to have. Or is it just pure coincidence?

jonnymc4_0-1651673149105.png

Appreciate everyone's persistence with VM on this. I play mostly CoD Vanguard and only at peak times. It has been pretty dreadful for the last few weeks, though some times it's perfectly playable. It's probably a combination of VM and the CoD servers, I know there have been some problems since release.

@risc19 wrote:

@RR-IT-GUY wrote:

I'm quite disappointed.

I remember being told by virgin on the phone once that

"...virgin costs more as it's a premium service."

I'll just leave you with that.

🙂

Sorry, I don't think i heard correctly.

Last time they said to me that they have a focus on reliability and that BT and the competition is unreliable.

The competition is reliable, thats how its faster the majority of the time.