Menu
Highlighted
HarryX
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM Booster and Printer issues.

Since connecting my Booster it has assumed the same name and password as my Hub 3 and appears to be working.  However I am now getting printer issues with an error message of :-  "More that one access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network's name (ssid)" and puts the printer in offline mode. The only way I have found to correct this is to turn off the booster and reboot the hub and the printer without the booster powered up.

I would like to go back to the boosters original name and password which should solve the problem, but I can find no way of doing this doing a factory reset on both boosters does not reset the name and http://virginmedia-vpm does not work either.  Heeelp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Booster and Printer issues.

Hi HarryX,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are having this trouble with your boosters.

Have you tried renaming your boosters manually? You can do this by clicking here.

If this doesn't help, please can you do a factory reset on your hub and boosters please. To factory reset your hub, you will need to press a paperclip (or something similar) into the hole marked 'RESET' for a minimum of 30seconds until all the lights start flashing. Please keep in mind this will reset the name of your WiFi and the password back to the original settings so you will have to manually connect the devices in your household.

Once you have done this, you should be able to reconnect the boosters. For more help, please see our troubleshooting guide.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
HarryX
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Booster and Printer issues.

I would like to try to rename my booster manually before doing a factory reset on all my devices but neither using the click Here in your reply nor the url http:\\virginmedia-vmp work , it shows the following error message: -

This site can’t be reached

virginmedia-vmp’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

0 Kudos