cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIRGIN MEDIA WIFI IS ***** SO UNSTABLE

tomhog
Just joined

To put it short, virgin media wifi is ***** awful. All the newest tech and upgrades won't help you - I don't give a flying ***** if the wifi is at some super amazing speed at 5 am, if its going to cut out every 5 minutes. It's not the wifi speed thats the issue, its the INCONSISTENCY and INSTABILITY. There's no point having a fast network if you have to turn your wifi off and on again over and over to get that fast connection, so you can be kicked off midway through youre doing something. I hate virgin media. ***** you. Pieces of **bleep**.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You missed a bleep at the end there. Time for a third post saying the same thing I reckon. 

Our Virgin Media WiFi has streamed Netflix all evening the reliability has been superb

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Is it the WiFi thats the issue or the broadband connection? If its the WiFi then I recommend using the hub in modem mode and connecting your own wifi router to it.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tomhog,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having problems with your service. I've taken a look on our side, and everything does appear to be within specification - I can also only see a couple of disconnections, rather than every 5 minutes.

To confirm, are you seeing these issues on a single device, or multiple? Is it just the Wi-Fi you're having problems with, or Ethernet too? Have you tried to run a Home Scan using our Connect App to identify any potential home-related issues with your Wi-Fi service?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ