cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 EPG won't download when not on Virgin Broadband

digitalm
Joining in

I have just had giganet 1gig fibre installed so using that for my broadband across my whole network but just noticed the V6 epg was not downloading

similar to this

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/V6-and-using-on-non-Virgin-broadband/m-p/3550061#...

If I switch back to virgin broadband the epg will download again - surely they cannot force you to use virgin broadband just to access the epg data?!

My plan was to cancel virgin broadband and just keep the cable TV part only - is that possible?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It used to be that you'd have the swap down to TiVo arranged as part of the disconnection of Virgin Fibre due to the fact you can't have a V6 without Virgin Fibre.

However I'm not sure if that's still something that happens. For instance you can't downgrade from Virgin TV 360 down to TiVo as far as I'm aware - if you disconnect Virgin Fibre there I think you'd also need to cancel your TV.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Epg does indeed require virgin broadband you can swap it for a tivo and it will work without it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

if swapping for an older tivo box - whats the process?

the older tivo box is 1080p HD isn't it - just not 4K? to be honest not seen any 4k content on the v6 anyway

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It used to be that you'd have the swap down to TiVo arranged as part of the disconnection of Virgin Fibre due to the fact you can't have a V6 without Virgin Fibre.

However I'm not sure if that's still something that happens. For instance you can't downgrade from Virgin TV 360 down to TiVo as far as I'm aware - if you disconnect Virgin Fibre there I think you'd also need to cancel your TV.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Think I'll be just cancelling the whole service then - don't really watch normal tv now anyway so no great loss.

thanks