Menu
Norm784784
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Issue - Modem Only Mode

Hello,

i bought Google Home WiFi to give me better coverage and I put my Virgin Hub into modem mode. Ever since, I’ve had issues with my V6 Virgin TV box and I’ve had an error message saying the V6 box cannot connect to the network.

has anyone else had any similar issues?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Issue - Modem Only Mode

Your wifi ssid's and passwords will have changed - so are you putting the new ones into the "connection page" in the V6 network connection menu?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Norm784784
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I forgot to say. The V6 box is connected to the router via a LAN cable, so WiFi shouldn’t be a problem (bad title for this post from me).

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok. First obvious thing is to change the cable for a new Cat6a one. I assume you are connecting the V6 to one of the ports on your router and not to one on the VM Hub - the other ports are "inactivated" on the Hub when its in modem mode.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Norm784784
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for the help.

i did not realise the LAN ports did not work when the VM Hub was in modem mode. I switched so that the V6 box was connected to the Google WiFi box and everything is now working ok.

thank you 

0 Kudos