cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Box and Hub

Dcrtnnh66
On our wavelength

My V360 Box is not connecting to my Hub3, I have tried rebooting the hub several times but still isn’t connecting with the 360 box keeps saying your off line. The 360 mini box is working fine down stairs the only thing is we can’t watch or record programs because the hard drive is in the main 360 box. Any ideas guys. PS. Would doing a factory reset on the box help?  

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dcrtnnh66 

Apart from rebooting the hub, have you tried rebooting the mini box?

If you spend most of the time downstairs it would be a good idea to swap the the boxes around. That way you will have the main box in your prime location so you can watch the recordings, and the mini boxes upstairs in the room least used.

Is the 'offline' box connected by wifi or ethernet cable?

If it's connected by wifi, is it using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band?

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz - you don't need the faster signal for the 360 box, so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

This section details how to separate the 2 bands if you haven't already done so:-

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1 - then navigate to the following settings so you can differentiate between the signals.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal > click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then  click on Apply Changes. 

Now go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add a 2 to the end of the 2.4GHz Channel name, then further down add a 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name  and click on Apply Changes.

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.  Then log out of the hub at the top of the page

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

You could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes.

I wouldn't expect a factory reset  to help the 360 in this instance but if you do decide to try that then it's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dcrtnnh66,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you are unable to connect the 360 box to the Hub.

Have you been able the great advice given by @newapollo?

Please can you let us know how things are? 

Gareth_L

Morning Gareth_L thank you for your email. As regards to the V360 Box I still haven’t been able to connect the box to the network. I have done a diagnostic check on the system and it is saying that the hub is not connected the the network. Yet my mobile is working fine. I was thinking of doing a reset so the hub goes back to the default position and then let it re-boot itself and then pick up the WiFi network and then re-enter the password that’s on the bottom of the hub and see if that solves the issue please can you let me know if you would advise me to do that. If so I’ll try and see if it does either way ill let you know. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dcrtnnh66

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry you have been having issues with your box and getting it connected to your network. I can see your box is online and able to view channels, is all okay now? 
Are you able to connect the box with an ethernet? 

Zoie

Dcrtnnh66
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie_p, appears to be okay now but after doing a reset on the hub and connecting to my network and entering Wi-Fi password the only thing is on my IPhone 14 Pro Max Phone and my Mac Book pro the network is saying I have a weak security connection and I need to change the settings on the hub. 

Dctnnh66. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dcrtnnh66 

That's just Apple being over zealous.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali