cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utterly Useless Broadband

deans6571
Wise owl

Over the past month, VM had the rude cheek to increase my bill by £20 and yet in the same space of time, my road has had THREE Broadband faults which CLEARLY have not been fixed properly. 

17th Feb’22 - Fault Ref: 010447776

Today, 1st March - Fault Ref: 010514355 (this showed as fixed earlier on. It CLEARLY is NOT fixed)  

Today, 1st March - Fault Ref: 010514973  

Each and EVERY time, the ETA on the fix keeps moving and/or it gets fixed for a day but then resurfaces AGAIN  

This is NOT down to my Hub or equipment as I know for a fact that these issues are affecting  my WHOLE street in the CR2 9DQ area. 

It is an absolute and utter joke. 

1. WHAT IS THE ISSUE EXACTLY AND WHY IS IT CAUSING THE WHOLE ROAD TO LOSE INTERNET????

2.WHY ISN’T THE ISSUE BEING FIXED PROPERLY SO IT DOES NOT RE-OCCUR (it’s been supposedly ‘fixed’ twice and yet the same issue keeps coming back)???

SORT. THIS.  OUT.

😡🤬

deans6571
Wise owl

@deans6571 wrote:

Over the past month, VM had the rude cheek to increase my bill by £20 and yet in the same space of time, my road has had THREE Broadband faults which CLEARLY have not been fixed properly. 

17th Feb’22 - Fault Ref: 010447776

Today, 1st March - Fault Ref: 010514355 (this showed as fixed earlier on. It CLEARLY is NOT fixed)  

Today, 1st March - Fault Ref: 010514973  

Each and EVERY time, the ETA on the fix keeps moving and/or it gets fixed for a day but then resurfaces AGAIN  

This is NOT down to my Hub or equipment as I know for a fact that these issues are affecting  my WHOLE street in the CR2 9DQ area. 

It is an absolute and utter joke. 

1. WHAT IS THE ISSUE EXACTLY AND WHY IS IT CAUSING THE WHOLE ROAD TO LOSE INTERNET????

2.WHY ISN’T THE ISSUE BEING FIXED PROPERLY SO IT DOES NOT RE-OCCUR (it’s been supposedly ‘fixed’ twice and yet the same issue keeps coming back)???

SORT. THIS.  OUT.

😡🤬

And, here we go yet again. 

Our WHOLE street in CR2 9DQ, the broadband has gone offline AGAIN. And yes I know 100% that it is indeed ALL VM customers in our road as I have just seen our group’s WhatsApp chat confirming they are all offline too. 🤬

What kind of pathetic service is being run here - it is absolutely RIDICULOUS. 

This is happening EVERY SINGLE WEEK - ITS SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 😡😡

And of course there is absolutely NO way of reporting a fault using the My Virgin Media app as that ONLY directs you to “Ask The Community “ or “Check Your Equipment “, both of which do absolutely NOTHING to resolve the issue. 

When is this issue going to be fixed PROPERLY??? Is it really too much to ask, for a service to NOT continuously break down week after week……

😡😡

Good Afternoon @deans6571, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the frustrations the recent intermittent issues have caused you and the other users in your street.

Looking into the local area, no issues are present.

Can you please confirm how the connection has been performing since your most recent post?

If issues are still present, do you experience issues on both Wi-Fi and a wired connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn wrote:

Good Afternoon @deans6571, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the frustrations the recent intermittent issues have caused you and the other users in your street.

Looking into the local area, no issues are present.

Can you please confirm how the connection has been performing since your most recent post?

If issues are still present, do you experience issues on both Wi-Fi and a wired connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello!

My frustrations were primarily to do with the facts that there were various number of faults which kept being fixed but then kept re-appearing hours/days later, which was proof that the initial faults were not fixed properly.

Obviously, now, they have all been fixed so obviously your checks will show no issues in my area. 

The point is, is that the so called 'automatic compensation scheme' that VM has signed up to does not actually kick in unless services are down for a continuous period of 24 hours+. It does not factor in intermittent down time of 1 to 12 hours.

Therefore, I want compensation for the downtime I experienced (which was intermittent down time of 1 to 4 hours), for the following faults which I have experienced in the past month (and as 100% confirmed in this thread, these have been faults which have effected ALL VM customers in CR2 9DQ, and not just myself) :

• 17th Feb’22 - Fault Ref: 010447776
  • 1st March - Fault Ref: 010514355
  • 1st March - Fault Ref: 010514973
  • 10th March - Fault Ref: F010539611

Hi deans6571, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We do have an automatic compensation scheme in place for when there is a total loss of service for your broadband or phone line, the account is automatically assessed for compensation, once the fault is closed as resolved. If eligible, the credit is added and will show on the next bill due to be generated. 

If you've not received a credit then it would mean you haven't met the criteria. You can view more on the scheme, including eligibility here.

We do recognise that sometimes you would fall outside this scheme for things such as TV loss of service or a degraded service so we do look at these issues on a case by case basis and a goodwill credit can be added by our agents too. If you believe you should be entitled to a credit, please get in touch so we can manually review things. You can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi deans6571, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We do have an automatic compensation scheme in place for when there is a total loss of service for your broadband or phone line, the account is automatically assessed for compensation, once the fault is closed as resolved. If eligible, the credit is added and will show on the next bill due to be generated. 

If you've not received a credit then it would mean you haven't met the criteria. You can view more on the scheme, including eligibility here.

We do recognise that sometimes you would fall outside this scheme for things such as TV loss of service or a degraded service so we do look at these issues on a case by case basis and a goodwill credit can be added by our agents too. If you believe you should be entitled to a credit, please get in touch so we can manually review things. You can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Whilst I appreciate the VM Forum Staff can only offer limited help, giving me that number above is not at all helpful. 

I raised a complaint about all these internet dropouts and the resolution which Virgin offered me was a WiFi booster - which absolutely 100% has ZERO to do with these issues….

Our street had yet another dropout last night (Friday 17th March) - which resulted in three green lights on all our Hub 3 devices (and yes, I know for a fact that it is our whole street this is affecting as my fellow VM customers all commented on our WhatsApp group when the dropout happened). 

- Calling 150 DOES NOT HELP

- The Automatic Compensation Scheme DOES NOT HELP  (you need continuous dropouts to be compensated and it does NOT take into account intermittent  dropouts). 

- Raising a Complaint DOES NOT HELP as evidenced by the farcical ‘resolution’ above.

My only resolution is to leave VM. I am happy to say that Community Fibre is on its way to my street (more than double the speeds of VM, a free TV box and no need for a landline - all for a fraction of the cost of what I’m paying currently with VM) so as as soon as it arrives, it’s goodbye Virgin Media…..

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for explaining more on this, deans6571.

We're sorry to see your further frustration with this matter and that you wish to leave us.

Our automatic compensation only covers a total service loss, therefore for your intermittent issues we'd need to assess things individually.

If you've already raised a case with us in regard and had a response this would be our resolution offer, does the communication you received from us advise that this case is now closed as resolved?

In case you're not certain about the status of your case currently, you may visit this link here to track this down.

Please, refer to our complaints code of practice for more on the process too, let us know if you have any questions.

Also, kindly tell us if our team has resolved your complaint and we're eager to assist further with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Adri_G wrote:

Thanks for explaining more on this, deans6571.

We're sorry to see your further frustration with this matter and that you wish to leave us.

Our automatic compensation only covers a total service loss, therefore for your intermittent issues we'd need to assess things individually.

If you've already raised a case with us in regard and had a response this would be our resolution offer, does the communication you received from us advise that this case is now closed as resolved?

In case you're not certain about the status of your case currently, you may visit this link here to track this down.

Please, refer to our complaints code of practice for more on the process too, let us know if you have any questions.

Also, kindly tell us if our team has resolved your complaint and we're eager to assist further with this.

My Case IS still showing as 'Active' :

deans6571_0-1679403525792.png

The point is, is that the Resolution to this complaint which VM offered me was a WiFi Pod, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue I raised??!? 

If the internet in the WHOLE street is intermittently dropping (and it 100% IS, if you re-read this whole thread), how can a WiFi Pod be offered as a resolution??! Its absolutely farcical.......

I'm done with this conversation as its clearly falling on deaf ears. I've stated what my intentions are so I will leave it as that......

😑

Internet in street (CR2 9DQ) down YET AGAIN right now. 

I’m going to keep posting in this thread to show just how many times a week our street’s internet KEEPS dropping. 

AND yes, I can 100% confirm it is indeed the WHOLE street as confirmed in our WhatsApp group. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And has everyone in the street reported their fault?

That's part of the battle with service faults, and unless the fault is reported on the status line - there is reduced cause for complaint if VM aren't told.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

And has everyone in the street reported their fault?

That's part of the battle with service faults, and unless the fault is reported on the status line - there is reduced cause for complaint if VM aren't told.

How exactly can a fault be reported?

You can't report faults in the app - clicking on 'Status' and the 'I have a problem' under 'Broadband', ONLY gives the options of:

1. Check your kit

2. Restart your Hub

3. Reset your Hub

The app is utterly useless other than viewing your bills and checking the service Status - its gives NO options of reporting said faults??!