Menu
Mustafaislam
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Using SH3 in modem mode with 3rd party router

I have read that the hub 3 has very bad latency issues and it pretty bad at handling many devices at once. I have an Asus RT N66U router that I have been using as an access point on the opposite side of the house. Will it be beneficial to put the sh3 into modem mode and connect the rtn66u in router mode? I will be putting my old bt smart hub where the Rtn66u is currently to replace it as an access point. 

Is this a good idea? Is the rtn66u better in terms of being a router than the sh3? I know the puma6 in the sh3 is very bad so I was thinking the asus one would be better to take some work away from the sh3 so the puma doesn’t cause latency problems. 

Any insight on this would be very helpful

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using SH3 in modem mode with 3rd party router

why not go for it.

0 Kudos
Mustafaislam
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using SH3 in modem mode with 3rd party router

I would just do it but it’s a hassle to remove the cables I have already put in place and the settings I have put. I want to know if someone here has done something similar and if it helped with Wi-fi drop outs and things similar to unreliable connections. I don’t want to go through setting it all up just to have it not help and then I have to put it back as an access point. To much moving and shifting of furniture to set it up you see. 

0 Kudos