cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Deco question please

daveydear
Up to speed

Hello i am trying to set up the deco m5 units that come today. I have the hub 3 in modem mode , the app has found the deco, I got as far as creating a network , every password I try returns the invalid password message. I am using numbers, letters and symbols as recommended. I am not trying to clone the hubs old network. What am I doing wrong, thanks fro any advice

12 REPLIES 12

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

My guess would be the special characters. Try a password without any, just letters and numbers.

please let me know if that helps

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks i will try that.In the mean time I have unplugged the deco from the hub and plugged my desktop back in.I have internet but i cannot reach the routers log on page it just times out, can you explain please. Thanks for helping

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

are you still in modem mode if so 192.168.100.1 should get you in

Tony.
Sacked VIP

When in modem modem you must reset the hub every time you switch to a new device. The IP address to access the GUI will be 192.168.100.1

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

I assume Im in modem mode, the base light is solid red, i thought it should be magenta but i read someone said red 

Hello again, using only numbers and letters has worked, which I'm not happy with for security  but thanks very much for helping me get connected. I will try to add another deco and post back later, many thanks 🙂

Good news, I don’t believe any deco devices support special characters.

@VN-Jon  and -tony-, thanks for helping . I can access the router page now, for some reason I was going to 192.168.01, bit of panic perhaps.Both  have a great weekend, cheers 🙂

Thought I would post back to say the Deco;s wi-fi password does accept special characters but not the £ sign or the euro sign € . I was told this on th TP-link forum and it seems to check out . Cheers