cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream channel Locked but no Downstream

morgurth
Tuning in

Hi,

Since around 12:30 today my router fails to lock downstream channels. Upstream seems ok, appearing as locked and details are there, while network logs show frequent out of sync messages.

This means no internet or anything.

Can you help please?

Kind regards,

Wojciech

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

yes I have, but it came inconclusive. when tested from my account page there was information about network issues but when I did that from support page it said all is fine and my Hub3 is not connected so not sure what to believe

Wojciech

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The 0800 number has always been most reliable for me.

Or call CS and see what they say.

It may take a day or two for a VM person to respond here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @morgurth,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate your account details using your Forum info but just wanted to check in with you to see if you require any further assistance?

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs