cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstairs wifi keeps disconnecting

natty38
Joining in

We have a hub 3 and have recently went onto volt. Tbe disconnection is getting more frequent. What can we do

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are on Volt you should be able to VM pods for free. You will have to phone customer services.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi natty38, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your WiFi connection. 

I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi natty38, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your details. Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

If that doesn't help, as you have the Hub 3, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Finally, the app will also advise if a WiFi pod will help however you're not able to order them through the app. If it does suggest this, pop back here and we can arrange for 1 to be sent to you. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs