cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds problems - Status says no issue in my area but when I call it we know about your issue

SRRAE
On our wavelength

For about a week now the upload speed has been extremely slow, to the point it is affecting general use of the internet.

Every device I have connected is only getting 1-2Mb of upload, even devices wired in.  Download seems fine. 

I called to report it and I get a recorded message saying "sorry to here Im still having intermittent problems on my broadband"  and that its being looked at.   However when I go the status page on my account it says there are no issues in the area.  The status says no internet issues on my area when I use the MV App my phone.

So, what it it?  Is there an issue reported in my area or not?  If the issue isn't reported I have no way of reporting it as the phoning wont let me report anything.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated service to see if there is still a local service issue.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.
The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

SRRAE
On our wavelength

This is the problem.
The Service Status on my account says there are no reported issues, in my area / post code.
The VM app Service Status says there are no reported issues in my areas / post code.
The test modem says there is an issue reported in my area.
When I call up it says there is a problem with TV, Broadband and Phone in my area,  however there is nothing wrong with my TV and phone.

I am starting to wonder if the issue has been reported as VM's own sources can't decide if there is an issue or not.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SRRAE 

When you call the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061 it often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level. The online checker generally only provides information of known wide scale issues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey SRRAE,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your upload speeds over the last few days, I have looked into this on the system and can see that there is an SNR issue in your area that will be responsible for the issues that you're having. The current estimated fix time for this issue is currently 9am on Wednesday 14th June. I can assure you that the team are working hard to get the issues resolved for all the customers in your area. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L