cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed is very low - Hub 4 - 1Gb Fibre - How to fix?

Jesus_Loves_Me
Tuning in

All was working fine up until about a month ago and now all of a sudden my upload speeds have been lowered. 

1Gb Fibre 

My download speeds is fine but certainly not upload speeds of less than 1Mb yes you read that right. Multiple speed tests show upload speeds between 50KB and 1MB.

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
Are you measuring this wired or wirelessly?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I called Virgin and they said that I have an outage in my area (area 22) and that it will be resolved by the weekend (probably). This has been happening for close to 4-weeks now so I'm not optimistic that Virgin will do anything.

I kick myself every other day for leaving Sky because there seems to be an issue with something offered by Virgin quite frequently.

Hello Jesus_Loves_Me

Sorry about the drop in speeds 

I have just checked from here and we still have the ongoing outage 

This will be the reason for the slow speeds

The estimated review date is the 24th September 

If you need an update, pop back on here and quote the reference number 

F009252319  

Regards 

Gareth_L

F009252319  

Will it be fixed on the 24th for certain? I have work I need to do and it takes a very long time to send documents since my upload speed is so low.

Please help, Jesus Christ.

Hello Jesus_Loves_Me

Sorry to give this update 

The outage due t be fixed has been pushed back to the 1st October

It is still  logged under the reference number F009252319  

Gareth_L

Still no stable Internet for over 2 whole months now. I am increasingly considering leaving Virgin at this point. 

No transparency on what the cause is or what the engineers are doing to fix the issue. We are just left in the dark paying for a service that is unusable. 

Hello @Jesus_Loves_Me,

I am sorry for the inconvenience with your services.

I have identified the area issue - F009252319, an engineer is aware of this and is doing everything they can to fix it.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you for responding.