cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed dropped

nobley
On our wavelength

Upstream bonded channels

My M200 package was installed 18 months ago and my upload speed was always 20  Since last week my speed has dropped to 4 to 8 on all devices. Nothing has changed at my end

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

15370000030.8512032 qam6
23940012531.3512016 qam8
34620005431512016 qam7
46030000030.8512016 qam5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nobley, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the broadband issues you've been having, I've taken a look into this using your forum info and can see there's  a known SNR issue that's currently estimated to be resolved by the 9th August.

Hopefully the teams will have this sorted out sooner than expected on this occasion, please feel free to pop back for updates if needed.

Tom

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nobley, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the broadband issues you've been having, I've taken a look into this using your forum info and can see there's  a known SNR issue that's currently estimated to be resolved by the 9th August.

Hopefully the teams will have this sorted out sooner than expected on this occasion, please feel free to pop back for updates if needed.

Tom

nobley
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply Tom. I check my speed daily so I will let you know in about a week.

nobley
On our wavelength

Hello Tom

Upload speed is back up again but my download speed has taken a hit.

Are there still issues in my area.?

Hi nobley, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know things still aren't quite right. 

Taking a look at the account today, the area fault seems to have cleared and been resolved. I've looked at the hub and there appears to be a pro longed signal issue which we're not able to fix remotely. I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nobley
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply.

I think the problem is at my end with my powerline adapters.

Run a cable from router to pc and speed is 225Mbs. Through powerlines it is 110Mbs although sometimes I get

170 Mbs. Upload speed is now fine.

So the problem is with me and not Virgin

Hi nobley, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear that the powerline adapters are causing the issues with your speeds. 

As the checks at this end are bringing up an issue with pro-longed signal level issues, I'd still like to get an engineer out to correct this. 

If you would rather wait until you start having issues though, that's fine too. Just let me know. 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

nobley
On our wavelength

thanks Kath

I would rather wait if that is ok.

My wife and I are both in the vunerable group for Covid.

Of course nobley. That's no problem at all. 

If you have any further issues, let us know and we can re-run diagnostics and go from there. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team