cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload noise

Exoticcshot
On our wavelength

Right Virgin I don’t no how many times I tell you to fix my internet y can’t you fix it right qam dropping from 64 to 32 n 16 so get someone out in my area and fix it right for once and do your job right aswel we pay out all this money to not have a good internet at all I keep having the same problems and u won’t fix it right just tell lies to your customers all time and saying I can’t get the new superhub 4 when I see people on 200meg getting it just for once fix my god dam area right sick of telling you and i am only going to say this is tht openreach r doing upgrades in my area with fibre to the property 

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Exoticcshot

Sorry to hear of the broadband connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at the connection it does appear there are some issues with SNR on one of your upload channels, this will require a technician. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details to arrange this for you.

Rob

Hi robert_p 

Ok thanks 

thanks exoticcshot 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks Exoticcshot, I have book an appointment in for you for a technician to attend and investigate further. 

You can find the details of the visit here please do let me know if there are any problems with this and I can look to reschedule. Please be aware that this is the earliest appointment available and any changes may delay the visit.

Thanks

Rob

Hi robert_p 

just wanted to ask if you can find out how long it’s going to be to fix my internet the tech guy couldn’t do nothing yesterday so he had to give it to network team to fix because they are the only ones who can fix it 

hope to hear from you soon 

thanks exoticcshot 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Whilst waiting.. can you do this so we can get an idea of where the issue lays.

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

On the first page up - dont login - just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.