cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from superhub 2ac

Reg444
Tuning in

I'm on M125 mixit package with superhub 2ac. 

I've installed 3 wireless outdoor cameras and I'm now also working online from home full time. A couple of outdoor cameras are having intermittent WiFi connection.

• Am I entitled to a free hub upgrade or can anyone advice what other minimum upgrade can I do without paying too much more per month. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM should upgrade you from the Superhub 2ac for free.  They are pretty old now and do not support the latest VM infrastructure, so they should be glad to remove it;  I suspect for your tier, a Hub 3 will suffice.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Switching to a different Hub located at the same position is unlikely to improve the WiFi coverage for the cameras.

Even if you do switch Hub, some kind of WiFi extender will still be needed to extend the area of good WiFi coverage at your property.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM should upgrade you from the Superhub 2ac for free.  They are pretty old now and do not support the latest VM infrastructure, so they should be glad to remove it;  I suspect for your tier, a Hub 3 will suffice.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Reg444
Tuning in

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I  called the upgrade guys and they've agreed to upgrade my package on decent terms which I've accepted.

Hello Reg444,

Thanks for your post regarding the upgrade.

Sorry we haven't got back to you in time to offer any assistance.

But it is great news to hear you have been able to get this arranged.

Can you please keep us in the loop on how you get on with the new hub please.

Gareth_L

I received and connected my hub 3 and it works ok, except it's the steady orange light instead of white light as per the instructions.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Reg444 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and great to hear you've received the hub.

If the connection is working fine all should be good, if the light changes to green this may indicate that an issue is present / ongoing - be sure to let us know if you require any further assistance 🙂 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. The coverage didn't improve after the upgrade to hub 3. So I purchased Deco S4 mesh and been using that as a router having turned hub 3 to modern mode. The coverage definitely improved.

• Now I have a red light on the hub and am unable to log back to the 192....... Site in case I wanted to change it back to functioning as a router.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 3 in modem mode is magenta/red depending on your colour eyesight.  The address for the admin page in Modem mode is 192.168.100.1  However in my own experience sometimes it is not always reachable at first go and you may need to try again or even try on your phone. 

If nothing works you can always do a pinhole reset and the Hub will revert to factory settings, i.e. Router Mode 192.168.0.1