cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade hub

Wikes098
Joining in

We still have a Superhub 1, and would like to know if it is possible to upgrade to a newer hub, if it is possible how would we go about doing so.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Why do you want/need to upgrade it - is something not working ?

That said, the SH1 is a museum piece and should be replaced. Getting it done may be an issue but try calling in as a fault and say it is not fit for for purpose as you cannot connect your new 5GHz wireles devices at the same time as your older 2.4GHz ones. So you need a newer Hub that broadcasts both frequencies simultaneously.

What they actually send you will be a coin toss.

A VM person will respond on here in a day or two and should sort it for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wikes098, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Chances are, if you still have the original SuperHub, you'll still be on quite an old bundle so would benefit more speaking to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to discuss a package change. The team can take a look at the services you have and any new packages we have on offer as well as your price to ensure you're getting the best value. 

Please let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Good advice from Kath you should get a better deal (and you can always say no thanks if you dont like the offer).. but remember... agreeing will start you on a new 18 month contract. That may well be fine.. unless you were expecting to change supplier in that time-frame

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.