Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade from M100 to M200. Connectivity and performance unstable

Hi.

I've been a Virgin Customer for a number of years now.  Broadband has always performed pretty reliably.  Good connection. Good speed.  With the number of devices and streaming services we now have at home, the fact I'm now working at home during COVID and we're home schooling too means I decided to upgrade from M100 to M200 broadband.  You can never have too much bandwidth, right?

Anyway, since upgrading, I'm finding that we're having issues with the stability of connection over wifi.  We get Connected, But No Internet access quite a lot and have to turn wi-fi of and on, on our devices and I find I'm rebooting the router regularly to see if that helps.

The speed seems to be questionable too.  I've run speed tests (via Ookla app)at various points in the day and the speed can vary from 10mbps to 27 mbps to 80 odd mbps.

Just generally frustrated that we had stable wifi with reasonable speed and the simple act of upgrading from M100 to M200 has just made the whole thing intermittant and unstable.

Is it common place for there to be issues when moving from M100 to M200?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from M100 to M200. Connectivity and performance unstable

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub then try again.

But note that WiFi speeds and connectivity are not guaranteed. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll try the 60 second reset.  Saw those instructions elsewhere.

Totally get that speeds aren't guaranteed and can fluctuate depending on the time of day etc.  It's more the instability and general flakiness of our wifi that has never ever been a problem up until I upgraded from M100 to M200.

I'll see how the reboot goes later this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Probably coincidence.

Any number of internal and external environmental factors can effect WiFi. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos