cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Offered!

brichards3107
Tuning in

I had a Virgin rep call me up to ask about the service, when I complained they offered me 2 boosters and an upgrade and sent me an email offer. They said they'd call me back, which they did whilst I was working. I'm now a month down the line and I'm still trying to accept the offer. I have no booster boxes and when I finally spoke to someone other than Terri The Bot I get told to speak to customer services. How do I speak to customer services?  Getting more and more frustrated by this and I still have rooms in the house where.the services drops out! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for clarifying @brichard3107

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @brichards3107 

The wifi pods are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

You need to use the Connect app to scan the wifi speeds, see the screen shot at the bottom

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods 

Can I order a WiFi Pod on the Virgin Media Connect app?

Yes, but only if you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room.

Our home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test our broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

Remember, our WiFi Pods and the Connect app only work with the Hub 3, Hub 4 or Hub 5. Don’t worry if you have our new Hub 5x – exciting things are coming soon.

You can also call 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

connect app scan wifi.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply. 

I've tried calling the number you suggested but couldn't get to customer services. I ended up speaking to someone in retention, who couldn't help with the offer I'd already received. Do you know the number sequence to dial to speak to someone in C.S? 

Hi brichards3107, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the package and this is not the experience which we want you to have. 

Have you emailed the agent back so that the package could be applied. 

What was offered?

Kind regards, Chris.

No, I didn't reply to the agent because I was awaiting a call back and the email says not to reply... 

I was offered the Big Bundle for £29 a month. 

Thank you for clarifying @brichard3107

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.