cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated router

Shimba
Tuning in

Can someone please tell me how I can get an updated hub so that I can take advantage of the new wi fi pods? I am on the Oomph package yet I am still on hub 2

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Pods are only Free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages? Is yours the UO one?
If not - save the £5/mo charge and get your own equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I am on the Ultimate Oomph package currently. The new pods only work on Hubs3 or 4 though. I need to get updated from Hub 2 to one of these.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How do you have UO bundle without a Hub3/4? The SH2 can only go to 200mbps (maximum).   The UO is 600mbps and so cannot be supplied on an SH2.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/ultimate-oomph-bundle

Did you upgrade from a lower speed and were you not sent a Hub3/4?

If that is the case call in and find out why they signed you up to UO and left you on an SH2. Also if you are paying for UO and not receiving the correct speeds then you at least need a refund for that period.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ive just looked at my hub and it is definitely a Superhub 2 and I am on the Ultimate Oomph package.

Well - of you're paying for that - stand by for a refund! - As mentioned - the SH2 cannot deliver the UO package!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have flagged for VM to come here and explain. keep checking

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thank you John.

Hi Shimba, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not had any luck ordering the WiFi pods yet. 

Checking the account that's connected to your Forum Credentials, your Hub is a 3 which means you are able to make use of the Intelligent WiFi service. 

I am happy to get your first WiFi pod ordered for you but will need to pass data protection and go through some things with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shimba wrote:

Ive just looked at my hub and it is definitely a Superhub 2 and I am on the Ultimate Oomph package.

VM say its a Hub3.  Did they send you one and you havent activated it ?  What does it have printed on the base sticker?  Post a picture but blank out Mac address.

This is my SH2

IMG_1150.jpeg

--------------------
John
--------------------