cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual Issue....?!

Jacob977
On our wavelength

Hi all,

The kids tell me that the internet went offline at 1:30am last night when I was obviously fast asleep, This morning it was still down and the virgin media outage page said there was an issue in my area which they would have resolved by 10:30 am today.

The issue has been resolved but for some reason, while I can connect to the router using both Wi-Fi and a Cat6 Cable, there is no internet.

When I try to connect to the Router Admin page on 192.168.0.1 it never opens just times out. I'm very familiar with accessing the router so I'm not making an error.

I've rebooted the router and also reset it, but with no joy. Any ideas are very welcome. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check again with faults:

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker

VM will not dispatch any technicians when an area fault exists.

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Jacob977
On our wavelength
Putting the connect issue aside as that's now sorted in my area, why am I able to connect the the router but cannot bring up the admin page 192.168.0.1 - this has no bearing on the availability of internet?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Do a reset
---------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob977
On our wavelength

Did that earlier today, held the reset button in for a while, it reset to factory setting but while I can connect a laptop to it, there is no internet and I cannot access the router admin....

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jacob977

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing connecting to the Hub admin page. I have ran diagnostics on our systems and can see that there is a Signal Level issue affecting your service. I would like to book an engineer visit for you to get this resolved. I shall send you a private message now to confirm your address.

Best wishes,

Serena