cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable connections for the last week in M29.

JsJnr
Dialled in

For the last week, we have been experiencing a lot of timing out when accessing any websites. My experiences range from pages taking 20+ seconds to load to not loading at all. When it happens, the only fix is to keep pressing F5 to refresh the page I'm trying to reach. This can take several attempts to get through to the requested page, and Youtube has serious buffering problems.

This can happen at any time during the day/night.

My gaming is also affected, and I am noticing a lot of the time, I'm kicked out of sessions "due to a networking error"

I've run the VM status check and it says there are no issues, and when I run a speed test at https://www.speedtest.net/ it claims my ping is <10ms,  download speeds are >100Mbps and upload speeds are around 10Mbps.

Pinging google.co.uk doesn't show the same results as the above speed test site, in fact not even close. The average is often more than 20ms and up until a couple of days ago, I was getting intermittent packet losses, though it doesn't seem to be happening now.

I've also tried disconnecting the router and restarting it, but it's done nothing to stop these problems.

Any help with this would be appreciated, as it's starting to really annoy me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JsJnr thanks for confirming your details.

I have booked you the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view/amend it by signing into your online account.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

lotharmat
Community elder
Try calling 0800 561 0061 for more up-to-date and granular issues that could be affecting you!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I did that and it tells me there are no issues.

You'e not near Wigan by any chance??

About 7 or 8 miles away.

There seems to be massive packet loss happening around that area!

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/virgin-media/2633948-wigan-borough-of-wigan-england-united-kin...

I've seen many horrendous BQMs for the Wigan area that all seem to have the same shape.

VM need to cough to it and add it to the website / phone lines! There has probably been a massive failure of part of the network in that area!

Hi JsJnr,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with our internet services, and this is affecting your ability to browse the internet and game online.

Remotely looking from our end with the details you have provided form your community profile we have located your account. We can see that you are indeed experiencing a downstream power level issue which will need to be addresses.

Please let us know if you still need additional help and we will happily send you a private message to get a technician arranged for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I still need additional help.

Hi @JsJnr thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry you need further help.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @JsJnr thanks for confirming your details.

I have booked you the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view/amend it by signing into your online account.

Regards

Lee_R