Menu
andydinamo
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable Superhub

Hello,

Can anybody please explain what I have to do to get a replacement Superhub?  I still have the original, which has become very unreliable and has to be turned on and off to reset it far too often.  Often the signal becomes very weak, or is lost altogether, but my adapter can pick up signals from 12+ neighbours' BT or VM WiFi, regardless of whether I'm in the same room as the hub or upstairs.  If I phone Virginmedia, somebody resets my hub, which I can do myself, or changes channels, which makes no difference.  Bills regularly go up, and although I receive free speed boosts every now and then, they're no use when I have to rely on a decrepit Superhub which is strangling my devices.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable Superhub

Call 150 (if you have a VM phone) report the hub as faulty.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
andydinamo
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If only it were that easy.  All they ever do is reset it......

0 Kudos
mrbeatnik
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have the original, I think you can get a free upgrade here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/hubupgrade

Most of us apparently have to pay £20 to customer services.

Unless you make a fuss about leaving, then they may upgrade you for free.

If you think your device is having WiFi issues, the hub3 probably wont fix it. Most people are having WiFi issues probably due to a firmware that was pushed to devices not that long ago. But no harm in getting a new device if it's for free. Good luck with tech support though. Dreadful at understanding the problems

0 Kudos
andydinamo
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

I was really hopeful there, but had a look and the offer is only open to customers with the original hub - I have the original Superhub.  Virginmedia dominate this area because they inherited all the old cable infrastructure.  I would drop them like a stone if there was a viable alternative, as the reliability is awful and telephone customer service is worse.  I can guarantee that if I phone to ask about a new hub, they will reset mine after completely ignoring what I say and then the problem will be back in a few hours.  For the amount you pay, it's pathetic and I resent having to pay more to achieve a passable service quality.  Seems like I'm not alone......

Andy

0 Kudos
andydinamo
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From looking at comments on this forum, it appears that every generation of Virginmedia hub is junk!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If it really is faulty and customer services just keep resetting it, why don’t you just power it off and then phone up. You can truefully say it’s not working, they will be able to see it’s not working and get something done. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos