Menu
La86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unmanaged switch problems

Hello folks, I’m after a bit of help if any of you would be so kind?

I have bought a new ASUS router and managed to get that up and running eventually!

My super hub is in modem mode now and I want the 2 v6 boxes I have to run off a new unmanaged network switch that I have. I have an Ethernet from the hub to the network switch and then one from the switch to the new router and that works fine, I have wireless signal no problems at all.

When i plug the 2 v6 boxes into the same switch it doesn’t work for some reason and just have the flashing arrows constantly on the front of the v6 boxes!

I thought with the network switch it would distribute the internet connection through the ports to whatever is plugged in?

And I have a connection to the new router so surely it can’t be the new switch?

I can plug the v6 boxes into the new router and have no problem at all so I really don’t know what I am doing wrong here!!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated before it gets launched through the window haha.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unmanaged switch problems

You have to plug the switch into the ASUS, not the hub. 

hub—->ASUS—->switch—->everything else

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If I understand correctly, you have the switch connected between the SH3 and your ASUS.

That won't work. The switch needs to be connected to one of the ASUS's LAN ports

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

AS said you can't have it work like that with one Unmanaged switch the hub in modem mode only allows one source MAC for one WAN IP that you can NAT using like your router.

For things to be easy have the ASUS router next to the hub having them apart would mean a cable running back for the router to the hub for devices or a VLAN setup.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
La86
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply folks, looks like the switch is getting sent back then haha!

0 Kudos