cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised entry to my garden and damage to my lawn.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been unable to have VM restore my lawn following the unauthorised entry and subsequent damage caused to my lawn. A 20m track had been dug across my lawn without a Wayleave being in force. This happened on 22nd December 2020. To date I have been passed from one person to another, received promises which have been broken and by inference called a liar. 
The unauthorised fibre run was on my property a total of 119 days, as no wayleave was in force I am seeking remuneration at the top end of the scale. 

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos so VM can assess the damage when they respond here in a few days.

You say there is no wayleave - have you actually checked that a previous occupant did not agree/sign one? Would be very unusual for a VM installer to cross a third party property without having checked that first.

A VM person will contact you on here in a day or so and get some details.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If a previous owner had signed a wayleave it should have been attached to the deeds and shown up during the pre-sale checks. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
  • Thank you for your reply. In regards to photos I have attached photos and video to all messages that I have sent to VM. 
    As for a wayleave I have lived here for 30+ years, the house which the install was being carried out is less than 10 years old. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok sounds like you are in a good position then. Unlikely that anything will happen on here then as you are already in contact with VM and that process will run its course.

Someone with more legal nous than I may reply here though.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been running it’s course since 20/12/20. I have lodged a formal complaint which was then closed by VM on the grounds that they were unable to contact me. I have asked for details of the date, time and which method of contact was used…. Guess what? No response. By inference I have been called a liar by the local VM representative. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person here will certainly look into your complaint process and advise where that is up to and what to do next. Keep checking back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

With reference to your DM

Hello again, FixMyLawn! You''re shooting through the ranks faster than a packet at 152Mb. Bravo! We''d like to thank you for your continued contribution with a brand new rank. Your new rank is Joining in. Congrats! We hope you''ll stick around. It''s really nice having you here...”

With all due respect shooting through the ranks is not why I am on this forum. My only reason I am here is to get my lawn restored to its original condition so please refrain from awarding me useless rankings. 

All of that nonsense about 'shooting through the ranks...' is an automated system, someone on the marketing (or colourful crayon as I prefer to call them) department has decided that all this is wonderful idea and will 'encourage customer engagement' or whatever the BS jargon 'de jour'; is.

Anyway back to the real world, do you have a lawyer? Forget the normal process, I think you have been more than patient, might be time to start a small claims proceeding.

Did they run a cable up your garden to get to a rented property you own or to get to neighbours property?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences