cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Reolink POE security cameras

slicendice73
Tuning in

I've recently purchased a Reolink POE camera system (4 cams linked to an NVR). The cams work fine but I can't connect to them using the Reolink app (Android) or the Windows application.

Everything is set up OK but no matter what, the app can't see the cameras at all. I've tried adding via IP address as well, but whatever I try, it just throws a "Connection failed" error.

Whilst searching around, I found a post on these forums from a couple of years back: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Reolink-Camera-not-working-on-VM/td-p/4434401/pag...

It looks like it may need port forwarding set up in order to get it working, but I'm no expert on networking so I'm just wondering if anyone can give a bit more detail on whether this is the best way to go? And if so, how to go about setting it up?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does the manual say? There are 64k ports to choose from so you cannot guess the correct one.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You will need to use hub in modem mode and a better router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Failed to Remotely Access Reolink NVR – Reolink Support

Any help here on this Reolink website link?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks