cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Philips Hue since Upgrade to Hub 4.0

Awilkin1983
Tuning in

Recently we upgraded to the 4.0 Hub, but ever since then the Philips Hue bridge doesn't work. You plug it in and it only shows a power light, no connection to the network

I've tried different ethernet cables and ports on the hub, tried resetting the hub

I've checked the homepage of the hub and Philip Hue is not listed but other items plugged into the ethernet are listed

13 REPLIES 13

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may have to split the SSID and turn off Smart Optimisation for the Hub's wifi. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry for the ignorance but this is the same if the hubs are connected via Ethernet cable?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See if the fix in message 6 of this thread helps.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Smart-bulbs-won-t-work-with-hub-4/td-p/4477...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

The Hue hub connects via Ethernet not Wifi - so I can't see it being an issue with the wifi settings.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gary_dexter wrote:
The Hue hub connects via Ethernet not Wifi - so I can't see it being an issue with the wifi settings.

Ahh, everyday is a school day 😊

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Awilkin1983,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Philips Hue in regards to your Hub 4. Were you able to resolve the issue using the great advice given by the community?

Please let us know how you got on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As stated on the community, Philips lightbulbs have their own hub which connects to the virgin hub via ethernet and so I'm unsure why this would be resolved by separating the wifi frequency.

But no, there's been no answer yet that might fix the issue sadly

Thank you for letting us know @Awilkin1983.

Have you tried rebooting the Philips Hue to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rebooted and held down the reset button to try to reset it back to defaults

Only the power light shows