Menu
lwatkeys
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to stream YouTube or Netflix on virgin media internet

Hi there

Posting in the hope this will get through to someone who may be able to help. I recently signed up for a Virgin Media internet package, but realised quite early on that I'm unable to stream Netflix or YouTube whilst using the network. 

I've tried resetting the Superhub multiple times. I've also tried accessing both services through the TiVo box, on my smartphone, and on my desktop, and continue to get the same issue (able to load the website but it just stalls when trying to stream video). As soon as I use my 4G connection at home, both stream perfectly, so it's clearly something to do with the ISP or the router.

Any support or help would be gratefully appreciated!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to stream YouTube or Netflix on virgin media internet

Hi,

thank you for contacting us, sorry to hear you are having issues with your services have you checked our outage checker for any known issues and estimated fix times in your area? http://virg.in/service .

If there isn't any issues showing on our outage checker for your area there may be an issue with your individual connection. You can contact our faults team on 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 3  they are available Monday – Friday 8am-8pm Saturday - Sunday 9am-6pm.

The team will carry out a full diagnostic check and arrange an engineer visit if required. 

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
lwatkeys
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul. I'd tried contacting the faults team but hadn't had much luck getting through. I suspect it's a fault with the router, as I've put it into modem mode and I can now access Netflix via another router. Thanks again for your advice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear all is sorted 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos