cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup broadband

joelgrg3
Joining in

Hi all,

I was trying to setup my Virgin Media hub for the broadband but I am not getting internet access. I have taken a phone and broadband plan but I am not using a phone right now and has used an ADSL microfilter for my RJ11connection to the hub. Do I need a landphone for this type of connection? Guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

@joelgrg3 wrote:

Hi all,

I was trying to setup my Virgin Media hub for the broadband but I am not getting internet access. I have taken a phone and broadband plan but I am not using a phone right now and has used an ADSL microfilter for my RJ11connection to the hub. Do I need a landphone for this type of connection? Guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you

The HUB uses a bespoke coax connection for broadband, not a phone line:

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

@joelgrg3 wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you

The HUB uses a bespoke coax connection for broadband, not a phone line:

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi joelgrg3,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

As advised by @carl_pearce above, the Hub will connect through a different socket to the phone line, do you have any outlets that are similar to the images above?

Let us know,

Kain

Thank you. I never had a socket like this in my home. I have contacted Virgin media and they will be sending a technician.

Thank you so much 

No I don’t have one.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know. 

Please do update us with how the visit goes and if you require any further assistance 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat