cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset wifi password.

cathaven
On our wavelength

I followed the online instructions - opened the page for wifi options, and naturally was asked for my current wifi password. I got "password not recognized" every time I tried it.
Now this is the correct password. It's the one on the bottom of my Superhub 2, and I only recently connected a new Raspberry Pi to the network, using that password.
VM help is useless on this subject. I rung, was told to reboot the hub & if it still didn't work, go to the website they texted me the address for and get further help.
I ran the gauntlet of selecting all the best options, of the choices given - twice, but got nowhere. The message us section has no link, or address to facilitate this.
The forum appears to be my only option.
Please, how do I fix the issue that my hub doesn't recognize my password, even though that password lets me connect on all of my devices?

16 REPLIES 16

cathaven
On our wavelength

I hadn't realised that marking a post helpful would make the thread solved. It isn't!

I hadn't heard back from VM, so I decided to try jbrennand's suggestion. Easier said than done! I found it quite painful to hold the pin in place for that long.
Anyway, I did the best I could, but it didn't help. I fear that legacy1 may be correct & I need a new hub. I shall phone VM again tomorrow.

Please do keep us posted!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @cathaven,

Many thanks for your recent posts - sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your hub password and thanks for confirming you carried out the pin-hole reset as previously advised.

I've been unable to locate your account so far using your forums details to check on this - have you managed to get through to anyone since your latest post or are you still in need of further assistance?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

cathaven
On our wavelength

Still need assistance. I intended to phone support again (I got cut off while on hold last time and no one got back to me).
Sadly, we've just had a death in the family, my partner's father, so things have been a bit crazy here, and I haven't got around to ringing yet.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @cathaven,

Thanks for your response, I'm so sorry to hear of your circumstances at the moment regarding you and your family - my deepest condolences.

We will assist the best we can from here, so do not worry about contacting the call agents further. I will just send you a private message so that I can confirm your account details and you can respond whenever is most convenient for you. 

The message will appear via the purple envelope at the top of the page. 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

cathaven
On our wavelength

Molly_G fixed me up with a replacement hub, and now all is fine. Thanks all.

Thanks for your reply and update, cathaven,

Glad to hear all is now fine.

Cheers,

Corey C