cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to wifi but network is showing

BRADLEY17
Joining in

Hi. I am asking on behalf of my grandma. We are unable to connect to her Virgin media hub 3.0. The network is showing on the list to connect, but is unable to connect to the network. We have tried rebooting and resetting the router but nothing has changed. Would you be able to help?

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Put in the password as you see it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn’t give me the option to put a password in. It automatically tries to connect to network. But does not successfully connect 

Which network are you trying to connect to?

it should be something like VM12345678 - as shown on hub sticker with password 

Check you’re not trying to connect to ‘Virgin Media’ (that’s the public hotspot)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi BRADLEY17, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue connecting the Hub via WiFi. 

When going in to the settings of your device and searching for the network, make sure you are connecting to the name on the Hub. When clicking on the name, it should give you the option to connect by entering a passphrase. If it doesn't then this could mean one was entered previously. You should forget the network and then try to re-join. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs