Menu
Harvs06
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to wi fi ‘incorrect password’

Hello, 

none of my devices will connect to my wi fi, I’ve rebooted my hub and it’s just saying ‘cannot connect - incorrect password’. The password hasn’t changed and I’m trying to get onto the website to change my password entering my IP & I can’t access it. I’ve run some tests and it’s saying that’s everything is running normally etc, I can see. 

Thanks 

K

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to connect to wi fi ‘incorrect password’

Do a  pinhole reset to factory settings.  Push the pin in to its stop point and hold for a "timed" 40 seconds do NOT restart the router after that.  Your passwords/passphrase for both Hub and Wifi will revert to those printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/drawer.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Harvs06
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, we’ve tried that and it still won’t work! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Strange. How are you trying to access the Hub settings page - computer/laptop/phone/tablet? What "actually" happens - what do you see - do you get to the password input page? Then what? Only time I had a similar problem I just used another laptop with a different browser and it was fine - can you try that or at least clear the browser cache.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Harvs06
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've tried accessing the hub page using both my iPhone and my laptop (on hotspot). Its just saying this saying 'this site cannot be reached', I've tried using safari and google chrome. I will try clearing the browser cache, I have called Virgin they don't know what the problem is so they're sending an engineer on Monday. Its just a bit of a nightmare as I have a dissertation due in the next week. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you only tried on "Hotspot"? I am not sure - others may comment - but I didnt think you were allowed to access your router settings via a Hotspot connection. You need to try at home sat by the Hub connected directly to your Hub network - a cable connection would be better too. Also use a different browser on the laptop and remember its http://192.168.0.1 in router mode or http://192.168.100.1 in modem mode.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Harvs06
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've tried this - it won't even work when I connect to It via ethernet. I have a feeling the hub is just no longer working

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harv06,

I think it sounds like a replacement is needed too. I've not been able to identify your account so haven't run any diagnostic tests, but if you do still need help please post an update on here. I'll then get in touch for a delivery address.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos